Sunday, September 08, 2019

Have a Matra will travel.

 A retrospective. As I was driving along Highway 666 between the town of Gallup and Durango located on the border between New Mexico and Colorado alone in the middle of the night, the thoughts that went through my mind was mostly that I was insane. It did not really mattered then what happened or could have happened to me and that death was the only thing that could stop me from getting to Denver, Colorado, my destination. It was sometime in the late 70s or early 80s and I was in my thirties a student at the University of Wisconsin in Green Bay. I have written in my Blog of this event in my life a few times in the past and thus will not dwell into the detail of it except that I never made it beyond the town of Durango that rainy night, due to heavy snow I had to make an U-Turn and headed back for Albuquerque, New Mexico. Why I am telling this episode is because upon reflection tonight I realized of what my mind was capable of in facing challenges when not inhibited by thoughts of fear or defeat.  

"I am Whole, Complete and Perfect, Strong and Powerful, Loving and Compassionate, Harmonious and Happy! I can do what I will to do. Isha'Allah, so help me God." This was and still is my mantra that had seen me through my younger adult life when I was more gregarious and rambunctious in my ways. I would recite this mantra to myself every morning upon waking up and night before i fall asleep and never doubting whether it worked or not for me. I adapted this mantra from a book called the 'Master Key' by Frank Haarnel, a book that I had taken with me from Malaysia to America when I left my country for the first time, it was my traveling companion back then along with the Quran a translation by Yusof Ali given to me by my cousin Zakaria. I realize how words have their powers and effect over my mind if repeatedly recited and put to practice as food for your thoughts and consciousness. I also finds out that chanting the names of God or the Budhhas or some Deities are not as effective as chanting words that have strong meaning and triggers positive consciousness in one's mind. These words are called auto suggestions to the mental state of the one doing this practice. What is there to loose by giving it a try, it is not umlike taking your vitamins for the body or saying your prayers for you soul.

 





 

No comments: