Monday, September 09, 2019

Chasing Rainbows.

I believe we cheat our own immortality by clinging on to life, our attachment to this that we accept as being alive for it is in letting go that we become closer to being immortals. This thought came to me upon waking up from my nap and I am still grappling as to what it really means. However deep down I feel that there is a whole lot of truth in this statement or revelation if I might call it that. Clinging on to life may not be just a matter of survival or making it ahead of others materially or financially or having it all in short; clinging on to life is the notion that all that we see, hear and experience is real. It is said ib Buddhism that nothing that is impermanent in nature is real and everything subjected to change is a creation of the mental formation. The sooner we come to understand the nature of our true being, our 'Unborn Buddha Nature', the better we would come to grips with our sense of immortality; the fact that we were unborn and deathless even if the body is subjected to death and decay.

“They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies." (was never born) ~ Williams Pe

 "Hanya Allah yang Maha wujud," is a Malay saying in Islam which means, only God exist and thus the Oneness of God. juFor in Islam there is no two, which in essence there is no me and God but only God. Hence in Islam is the principle of 'Fana' or the absence of a being that is called 'I' just as in Buddhism, the Buddha uttered in His final moments, "I am no more." I believe it our clinging on to this sense of 'I' to be our reality that is the cause for our inability to see or taste immortality in this life time and many lifetimes in the past, The evolution of the human spirit from a state of ignorance to enlightenment is to attain towards this understanding of the fact that I do not exist , what does exist is a state of absolute consciousness of being. With the death of the physical body and mind the absolute consciousness is liberated and merges back into the Source, the Universal or Divine or God or by whatever name you would choose to call it; into the One Unity. 

Hence one has to die in order to taste immortality just as lead has to give up its nature as lead in order to become gold or a pupa has to cease to exist to become a butterfly. Man has to stop clinging to his 'I' identity in order that he may become free from the bonds of this physical and material state of existence that primarily is the creation of th mind and in essence just an illusion or Maya. How does one attain this? This is the journey that i have chosen to discover for myself just as the Buddha did for Himself. The seventy years of my existence in this life would amount to nothing if i do not at the very least have a glimpse of the truth of the matter about my life and death. I would have lived life merely as an illusion chasing after rainbows and hoping for the pot of gold at the very end. I do not desire heaven nor do i desire for hell, I only wish to return to the Source of where i came from before i was conceived by my parents. I have been endowed with intelligence and consciousness, dressed with Love and Compassion to serve as a Bodhisattva for the enlightenment of my fellow beings and as such I will keep on digging deepr into my heart and spirit to discover my true nature; my Unborn Buddha Nature.





 





 

 

No comments: