Monday, November 25, 2013

What are Brothers For?



If i were to understand Christianity it would not be through reading the Bible or other related materials, i learn it through the acts of my brother Lee Khai and his wife Anne who are to me truly practicing the Faith in Christ through Love. Non- Judgemental, Unconditional Love through the Holy Spirit that is within. I am again indebted to Lee Khai for sponsoring my journey around the country in my little Kancil. I am impressed if not moved by this very  generous gesture especially equipping me with a brand new camera, something i sorely miss. I will do my best to make it all worth while in my planned journey.
It takes me immediately back to the Bodhisatva vows the I had taken while practicing Zen Buddhism in California and i have written quite extensively on this in my past blog entries. What has the vows got to do with any of it? It is there as a reminder for me of my mission in life, to help heal where healing is needed, to become acquainted with the pains and suffering of others wherever i go and to share Love and Wisdom where ever and whenever circumstances or events permits me to. I sometimes feel like i am one of those old Zen 'Crazies' who does not know when to quit or even how to quit. This me, The Cheeseburger Buddha, the 'Night Soil Carrier', the Elegant Beggar. It is a role i play in my day to day encounters with what is before me, creating an illusion for the sake of winning the hearts of the multitude or beings around me with Love and Positive energies, Acceptance and Deliverance. I do not mean to aggrandize this principle I follow but at the highest level of human consciousness, the Vows of the Bodhisatvas are made for me to serve humanity and it is ever present in my mind; hence i travel from place to place to practice this principle.
The first of the Vows is...Beings are numberless, I vow to awaken with them!
On the Sam Bahari level of understanding, I am tied to the vows i made as a reminder of the meaning of my life, my practices, I too am Ram Dass! The servant of God. At an even more mundane level of understanding I tell myself to chill and do the best I can with what i am given without too much moaning and groaning; serve. With the new Sony camera I definitely look forward to my journey around the country, I look forward to being on the road again meeting strangers and making new friends, I look forward to sketching and painting already!

My Studio is the Open Studio and it is open everywhere.

I realize at my age I am liable to kick the bucket at anytime now and it would not be a major surprise to anyone these days. Over sixties is a bonus by and large and to be at my age and still be able to wander around doing what i enjoy doing is an added blessing. I touched many hearts at the last place I visited, the Chinese Community at Kampung Sungai Lembu as they touched mine and my simple contribution by being there was i am sure appreciated. It helped me to be at a place just the opposite of where I am at right this moment, my home on the corner of Sungai Pinang Road and River Road, the busiest junction in Georgetown. I however can sit and meditate for an hour without noticing a single sound outside in the dining area late at night.but oin the day time I force myself to sleep in and lock out the traffic noise outside. Being at the Chinese school i felt the quietness almost the whole day through, hardly the sound of an engine. Where ever i travel I try to find that small peaceful corner where I can look within me deeper and deeper. I need the presence of silence and open expanse of nature, of hills and fields, of rivers and trees; I need to be by the sea and stare up at the large white clouds above me as they float ever changing in shape and forms, I need to be home and my home has always been on the road. I have no home, my home is everywhere.
If i die while driving along some beaten path so be it, at least i have spent a great part of my life witnessing God's creations up close and personal and I am able to share it with the many that take the trouble to follow my ramblings. As a matter of fact the realization that I am getting closer to death has allowed me to be less worried about life, if I am to worry i would say I wish I had done more, seen more, touched more and feel more towards the Love of life; than life would not have been wasted. Hence why I cannot sit around this place waiting for the walls to crumble away an allowing me to change, to migrate, to move on, to keep churning up what else is left for me to churn before the curtain is dropped and all bets are off. Life has much to offer yet and I accept my limitations to stay within the bounds of my age, (not over do it like in the past.)
.  
This piece has been accepted for the Annual Penang State Art Exhibition.; my Pride.

No comments: