Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Life on 2nd. Avenue- SF


The above sketch was done by friend and neighbour Richard Sigburman an excellent graphic artist who is quite well known in the Bay Area.
Raising my two children while living on Second Avenue about two blocks from the Golden Gate Park and two block from Clements Street where all the good Chinese restaurant are located.

I was the Home Maker while my wife worked. I took care of our two children and it was not the easiest thing i ever did in my life. By the way George was a greek and his wife was a Philipino and thats their daughter Sophia looking up at my daughter Marissa.





Most of our time were spent strolling along from one end to the other of The G>G>Park, meeting tourists and homeless persons. Playing the flute and doing the sketches.






One could not ask for a better place to raise children than where we were.






My children had good playmates while they were growing up, most were children of mixed parents as the above child whose mother was half Japanese and the other half German or something, while the father was Indonesian.





The above girl in the pink sweater was the daughter of a Malaysian Chinese and a caucasian father and the girl below at the swing with my son was the daughter of an American mother and an Argentinian father.










What do you do when you love taking pictures and have too many to handle? Make a collage out of them!!










The SF ZOO was like a second home to my kids and I we knew just about every animal at the domesticated animal section. My daughter could not locate her favorite goat one day and we discovered that it was removed due to illness.










This was the time when when we were getting ready to Move to Japan whether we knew it or not yet. Change was in the Air.















































No comments: