Friday, October 10, 2014

Back at the Organic Farm in Lintang.

Today is my second day at the Lintang Organic Farm, or better known as SRI LOVELY where i have decided to be my retreat or as some who are ever so ready to cut me down would call it my escape. Om my arrival the first day i met a lovlet young lady who was a visiting student from Keningau, Sabah. in East Malaysia.She was here to study the organic padi growing techniques among other things. I fell in love! Everything about her made me feel like i was twenty years younger! How God created the most out of this world people and what a temptation they are on the old man! I say all these with a sense of humor off course, however she was a delightful person to talk to, a pleasant change.
Ratty from Kinigau, Sabah she will be a great organic farmer one day and the pride of her people.


This morning another pleasant surprise when my buddy Shawal the Indonesian from Aceh turned up with the silly grin on his face, but this this soon turned into a morose when he started relating hi ordeals having to deal with Immigration as hew tried getting back into the country. After listening to his stories i set him to work making rows for the vegetable patch. Slowly but surely he got right back into the groove and became less dejected. I used myself as an example of how I needed to work in order to heal my own restless mind and body. I am not doing too well myself and the only way to deal with this kind of situation is to take it head on and so here I am back in the jungle where the only sound I hear at night is the insects and occasional howling of this or that creature somewhere out there and the constant rush of the river which is a little louder now because it has been raining up in the hills.
Moses

The torture begins with all kinds of aches and pains manifesting from sleeping in the cold and leaky hut and from the resurfacing of immediate episodes of dramas between my children and I. I left the mouse in Penang late in the evening after a minor confrontation with my daughter over who cooks better beef.  l left also that is what i had in mind to do as soon as she was settled because i needed to remove myself from the place and allow for her and my son to settle down between themselves and work things out with dad not around to do the laundry and dishes and send and pick the up from work and make sure there is something to eat for them  But most of all I needed to continues with my deep meditation practice which is headed towards my genuine submission to Islam and Allah, Lord of the Worlds. I find that to do this i have to affect change in my life style as the one I was in was drifting towards lackadaisical and decadent of mind and spirit.
So with my daughter's help i threw some stuff into the car and went over to my neighbor's to borrow RM50 for the gas and highway Toll, but she gave me RM100 and told me it is a gift not a loan so i do not have to worry about paying back, Muslims take this into consideration  seriously such that if by chance I die on my journey I will not be in debt to her. I gave fifty to my daughter for her to make it through the next few days till her first pay cheque. I tried to express how I felt to her I needed to do this not because i was avoiding her but it was for me personally, my own well being mentally and physically. I hope she understands it fully and as for my son, he seems to be into his own world of Face Book and whatever else that he did not even ask nor say proper goodbye. So I take it as another omen that he too has broken free from my cares.
Breakfast of Champions!

Had a high fever and terrible headache second night so spent most of the night getting in touch with my body finding the balance again of the elements through deep meditation. This body is made up of Earth, Water, wind and fire and then there is Consciousness a consciousness of the presence of  these elements and their interdependence and how when one i out of proportion the body suffers an imbalance. I one of my meditation practices I would send an affirmations or some calls it auto suggestions to my mind saying, like "I am the Master of my Body, Speech and Mind. and this I do almost every night and whenever else I remember along with other affirmations and this actually is from the teachings of the Raja Yoga or Yoga of the Mind which I learned since I was a young adult. What this is suppose to do is to 'educate the mind' and it is also to train the millons of cells in the brain to function accordingly. Does it work? WallahuAllam, God only knows, but I just assume it does as even as i am sitting here at the cyber cafe at the edge of the universe entering my blog I know it works.
Today being Friday I was just at the mosque and am hungry, so i will continue writng some other time when I get a chance to drive out here from Lintang organic farm three KM away in the foothills where the tigers still roam.
Peace!

No comments: