Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Listening to 'TOTO"(Live in Amsterdam)

It rained a little last night but not enough to wipe out the haze and today the skies are cloudy with a promise of more rain but still waiting to see. I have been working with water color on my 100 feet long painting which I started since 2008 and is still in the process of transforming into a full fledged painting from basic sketching format. it has become the one painting that I use as my meditative piece which helps to ground my mind to what is the present moment and lessen the stuff of life that has been encroaching in to my consciousness lately. I am enjoying the work as it happens as it begins to surprise me with so much unexpected new discoveries and improvements.
Art is my food  for the soul needless to say but it is, I helps and has been helping me find my center, my 'Dharma position in my life, that from which I express my Being. While working on my pieces i am able to stay focus and effortlessly flow through time ans space with expressions direct from within. No doubt there will always be intrusions and vexations that the ego would try to impose on my sanctity of being in this state of creativity, but i find it a whole easier now to revert back to being in the here and Now and thanks to having read and practiced  from great teachers past and present. I do not feel  easily misled by thoughts and unconsciousness like I used to. Yes it takes a long time to heal the splintered soul and it is far from an easy road to take but now as i am starting to feel its fruits ripening and falling to the ground I am more settled and the act creativiity comes a whole lot more fluidly.
I am thankful indeed, Alhamdullilah, shukur bagi Allah, thank you Lord, Arigato Gozaimasu' O Kami Sama, Om Sahnti Om! for giving these few blessed moments of calm and tranqulity especially when I sit outside my home among tables and chairs of the restaurant in the wee early morning hours when hardly any traffic passes by to disrupt my consciousness. I talked to my Lord! After such a long spell of crying out for help and solace, i am finally hearing God in my heart telling me to chill, that all is well as well can be for me and for the Universe. The haze, the murders the robberies the unexpected deaths of loved ones and the state of suffering in the war torn countiries in the Middle east and elsewhere on earth, the starvation and the destitution of countries in Africa. the floods and bruening that is claiming untold lives and destruction; it is all part and parcel of my existence and i accept it all willingly.
Yes i am far from 'cured', but i am on the road to recovery, I am approaching my own final cut into the unknown, my leap of faith into that which is beyond my thoughts and imagination and i celebrate this feeling with all those who read this blog. yes  as my friend Jason would remind me, and this too will pass no doubt. But in the meantime i will reap the harvest of this Grace with as much positive as well creative expression that I can share with the world as i can, (am most probaly missing an important appointment somewhere- says the ego), but hey like my son Karim found out, Shit happens! Karim found out that he missed his important exam by one day and thus has to wait another year to take it again! All he had to say on Face Book was . "Shit happens!" Way to go boy! You have learned a littlebit of your Dad's Ways. Live and learn, learn the easy and smart way or the hard and painful way, but learn you must from all your errors and foulups. Rebound, get up and try even harder with greater effortlessness and the will to accomplish the unaccomplishable, reach out for that which is far beyond your grasp but remember even if you fail to attain your goals at least you tried, you gave it all you got and never once looked back with regret.
All is vain, all is impermanent all is fleeting and evernescent, life itself is a total illusion where the external manifestation are concern and if you do not understand this it is ok for it is not somehting one learn but what one discovers through Being. Being is something that humanity has lost, most of us exist in space and time like zombies succumbing to the fate and follies of so called life's incessant vexations and dramas. If we can take that step to leave the vicious cxircle of this stagnant state of unconsciousness we each and everyone of us might just be able to heal ourselves and help to heal the world; We are the caretakers, we are the visgerent, we are the guardians of this dimesion of existance as elected by Allah in His Good Book the AlQuran Nur Karim. So let us be one and act like it, if not we are no better than the creatures of the earth and the seas and the skies, seen and unseen, or worse.
We are here primarily to celebrate life, it is our destiny to make a heaven out of this place we call home, but instead we are the cause of suffering, untold suffering of our fellow creatures and if sentient beings on this planet other tha humans could express their minds we mankind would be in the deepest hell at present. We are no better than parasites eating away at our host not because we are hungery but because we have become insatiable gluttons. We have fallen into the deepest of slumber which is awaiting the nightmare to wake up to and wake up to it we will as is already happening all over this planet. We worship the three gods of Greed, Hate and Ignorance and we are buliding ornate and exquisite temples and mosques, churches and synagogues to worship them in and we call these the House 0f God! O'Man! Will we ever awaken from this deep slumber before it is the end of our days.

Have you ever listened to'TOTO'?! (Live in Amsterdam). This entry was written listeing tot he concert on the earphones, so do not think I am into such a serious mind trip no Sir, I am into 'Toto' at this moment in time and so should you. Life is short even if you feel at times time drags along day to day. No Sir, Time waits for no one and the sooner we learn this simple wisdom the better we are off to be. You make time time do not make you.

 "Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action comes, stop thinking and go in."
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.”

- Bonaparte



No comments: