Tuesday, December 07, 2021

Changes Happens -within and without...



Another morning has broken, another day has passed and I am sitting here telling my story to unknown readers, phantom entities and to myself. Changes happens with or without my own awareness and often things change to evolve for the better worse depending upon how I deal with each and every change that transpires at every moment  of my waking, sleeping and deep sleep as every moment is my own creation, my mental formations, my physical actions and manifestations. Changes happens most subtly and in the most drastic way, I just have to flow with and not resist, I place my faith in the Lord to allow for changes to hapen and for me to see it through in the most positive way possible despite my weaknesses and ignorance. I learned this lesson when I visited the Malay fishermen jetty or better known as Pondok nelayan Jelutong yesterday in an effort to break from the tedium of staying home and face the routine I have been setting myself into; cook, clean, do dishes and laundry, feed the cat and water the plants, among other things like facing the computer and wasting time on the Fae Book and Netflix and last but not least, write about it.



Perhaps through the practice of meditation over the years, of self observation and personal study of the inner workings of the human consciousness through religion, science and intuition, I feel changes happening within and without my physical body. My health is not what it used to be and I realize that I could be facing some major change in my physical state, a stroke or worse but I feel also that I am most closest to the functioning and maintenance of this form just as I did my last car. The balances and alignment of ever element and parts was well cared for, however the process of ageing and decay and demise has set it. There are changes that are beyond my control like loosing my teeth or my hair, my energy or my passion in carrying out an optimum performance of my daily routine and extra curricular activities like I used to. With the realization of my  limitations due to the wear and tear of age, I move and act accordingly. I slow myself down in everything I do telling myself I am in no hurry to get there or finish this, I stop pushing myself to do more than is necessary without becoming lazy or fall into a stupor or euphoric state of mental and physical decadence. Neither do I subject myself to over thinking, daydreaming, planning too much and the rest of it; I meditate more often and more deeply into letting my mind go and my past dispersed to the four winds. I find the virtue of practicing some for of meditation in the course of one's life to be an excellent way of facing the changes that happens in my daily life.


Changes that is happening externally all around me is has gathered momentum in time or so it seems and events and episodes slips by more rapidly than used to. Sadly enough the changes happening is more towards decadence rather than creativity, towards the falling of rather than the building of a better society or nation. In my country, Malaysia, changes has taken a downward curve in practically every aspect. albeit the economy, the political, religious and social, we are backsliding downhill a slippery slope of no return. It is worrisome to say the least and there seems to be no end in sight nor any silver lining to hope for. As a Malaysian I am sad and disappointed over the state of ur nation that was at one time dubbed one of the Asian Tiger as far as wealth and growth was concern but today we have become a laughing stock of the eyes of the world to be one of the most corrupted nation on earth. It is no laughing matter when food prices are being jacked up for no apparent reason than simply greed and lack of proper governance. I am too old and tired to fight for the cause.against the injustice committed upon my fellow Malaysians, however it still my duty to make it be known how a vast majority of the people feel about the state of this union.




 I am changing, we change, the society and country changes as nothing remains permanent as all things born or created comes to an end when it is time. It is in the manner of how we come to our rest is my concern and I must say that I am not doing as well as I should. I allow my ego to become dominant in my day to day relationship with the world out there and that which is within. I am still struggling to bring the whole mental formation that I have accumulated and still harboring past memories that dictates my well being; I am sitting here in limbo,'like a bird without a song.' I once wrote or was it in one of my art talks of how the Lord and me had a small talk about life before I was brought into this life. The Lord said that He has given me a blank canvas to paint my life and how or what I paint is entirely up to me. I can make it most passionate and exciting, full of living, or i can fritter my life away in mediocrity and boredom; peaceful as heaven or painful as hell. I have accomplished both over the years with little or no regrets. For sure I could have done better anyone would say, but destiny has its ways of filling in the details of what transpires. I have also called my life; The Art of Living. No matter the changes I will flow like water through each and every nook and cranny, through darkness and light, ignorance and wisdom to fulfill my covenant with my Lord. 




   




2 comments:

lina said...

Good day Mr. Shamsul, this blog post was such a good read... I too feel the same towards our country, everything just went down the cliff.

I found your blog by chance while browsing some of your other works I could find online when I was supposed to study about this one work of yours called "Inner Sanctum" haha but anyway, I guess I will be following your blog for now. I hope you well always!

Shamsul said...

It is great that you can relate to my thoughts and I hope you will find them helpful in some small ways to make your life less heavy.