Wednesday, April 21, 2021

When all else fails - take a nap..

 As always in the past, the fasting month means simply means heavy duty migraine headaches especially upon waking up and wake up early I have as i have no choice for my wake up caller would not give up untill she got her cat food bucket filled. I am blessed even though it comes in a disguise of a pain in the neck cat that insist i get out of bed early and do my daily chores of the hour like sitting and physical exercise, doing the night piled up dishes and getting the laundry running afte feeding the pigions and watering the plants among other things needed to be taken care of. Always start the day off with a good long sitting whether inside or outside of the apartment where the sound of birds helps to clear the cobwebs in one's head. Sitting in meditation helps to realign the physical as well as the mental body and this simply means smoothing out the aches and muscle pains from the sleep as well as bringing the mental chattering to a gradual halt. If this is done often enough the morning part of one's day is something to look forward to despite or thanks to the nagging and demanding kitty cat named Furby.

She thinks that she is a pigion and can fly untll one day she fell twelve floors down to the ground below,. You think she would learn.

 The body goes through a major shakedown or so it seems durig the fasting month and the mind keeps making it harder and harder to make it through the day with all kinds of pokes like why? You are no true believer are you? Are you a good Muslim? Ever been? You don't pray like all good Muslims do, making up your own standards or so it seems, so why fast? Guilt? Fear? To fit in? Nah, don't think so! There is soemthing else that you have come to grips with and you are standing at the edge of making that final leap into the unknown and you choose to call it : complete liberation from all that is. Yes this is how my mind works more or less as I live day to day, like a guinea pig being put in a maze running around lost and scared often times but determined by the day to break free from all that is holding me down from discovering my true nature that which the Buddhas called; the Unborn Buddha Nature. 
So, why do I do it? Why do i fast during the fasting month of Ramadan every year? Good question but no good answers except that I feel it is the right thing to do as far as my spiritual practice goes.It is a very tough act of spiritual discipline not unlike sitting meditation or praying five times a day. In truth I have no answer t many of these questions and as i am abut to leave this realm of existence i am finding that they really of no relevance for my state of consciousness, my ultimate sense of Being-ness. If I have to answer for my transgressions in this life when I die so be it, but I hope in all fairness that I am given the same faculty and state of full consciousness when I face my inquisitors...Insha'Allah.

This is my favorite posture when I am faced with too much mental chatterings and external vexations. I feel safe as safe can be when I take my nap.



 
 

  

No comments: