Tuesday, February 05, 2013

And the show must go on....


On location; one of my temporary studios, at the MGTF doing what i enjoy most, creating life out of canvasses. Being an artist noth9ing more than just being who I am in one aspect of my personality.  Maybe just as a hobby or a serious career but, it all is part and parcel of the process of becoming an artist.  The beauty of being a No Studio artist is the fact that I am mobile, movable and able to up and do it elsewhere. Off course I have no permanent studio to bragged about at the end of the day...but Such Is!

I call it the Dance of the Dakhinis from the Buddhist version of angels maybe...Lord Krishna's 'Cow Girls', I started off with very simple technical tricks like using the masking tapes and so forth and then layering paints; I like to play with the back ground on this painting; the foreground I have lost the battle.

There were moments  when the painting came to life with a loud glow saying it is done, but I did not know how to stop and so it is one of my unfinished painting that I like. Its is my Mona Lisa

What do I hope to accomplish! Fame ? Fortune? Maybe so, but from whom? I do it for myself because it is like getting high or drunk. I enjoy creating things out of my head and making them real so much so the audience would stop a  moment to take a second look and not just brush past by.

 Yes, there is indeed a subliminal message there with me and women's bossoms and yes ,It is not safe to fall in love with your subject there is a thin line between passion and obsession.; one has to know when to retreat when the odds of having a success seem futile. Change, move on to another assignment, stop by the coffee shop, chat on FB! Make obscene love to your wife!
or Just Chill... and this too will pass...


No comments: