Wednesday, February 23, 2011

More Fun Sketches

I found more sketches in a box I had behind for my son when I last visited Dubai in 2009 and thoguht might as well have them poste just for the hell of it. These sketches are of various sizes and on different types of papers and materials. Done with all kinds of medium.
I hope that these works small and insignificant as they are will help one ore two aspiring art student or beginners who still find art as a great way to celebrate life.

For me the moments od creation were the gifts I had enjoyed for myself, a moment that was captured through time spent creating something that can be shared with others even if they were viewed at a glance or browsed through.



I knoq every stroke of my pen was laid down, every scratch and scribble were laid down simply because it was my way of saying thank you Lord for the gift or having this ability to sketch and draw.
These sketches also marked my time and space along the path i had walked through my life, they are reminders in some small way of moments that is gone forever, thoughts and ideas that were captured on pieces of scrap papers.
One of my most humbling moments in creating my sketches wa when I cought a friend retrieving on of my sketches discarded into a waste basket anking me if he could keep it. I asked it back from him and had it signed and dated before i gave it back to him. Sometimes i do not know how to value my own self worth.
This sketch of 'Karim Katak' is of one of my childhood friends who grew old and later died of drug and alcohol adiction. He was a character known by everyone in the community unique for his own antics as being the bum who was never sober.

Capturing children at play is not and easy task as they move around too much, however with the help of black and white photography this subject can be one of the most enjoyable thing to study.









No comments: