Monday, February 14, 2011

The Sweetness of Doing Nothing


What is tough about painting like this on the floor at my age is that the back hurts so bad sometimes I have a bad time getting back up on my feet! But it is what comes with painting large canvasses in your living room!

I did this painting simply because...always wanted to do a painting of flowers ala Georgia Okeefe. It can be absording once you gat down to refining the brush strokes and color tonal values.
It is not fully completed almost needs something out of the ordinary to bring it to life, what is it? Will have to just sit and meditate on it and let it come. One thing I am learning being here cooped up in a large house most of the time alone is that there is no hurry to finish or complete anything, sometimes sitting and doing nothing can be very pruductive.

Yeah took the subject from some artificial flowers in a vase how else can you get such flowers in Dubai without coughing out Dirhams! Everything is so expensive here that it becomes a paranoia for me to even go grocery shopping what more shopping for art materials! The last time I went looking for an art store here was with one of my son's friend and we took almost two hours getting there and when we got there they ran out of supplies especially mounted canvasses, what we wanted. We laughed it off by accepting the fact that we were driving in his new BMW all over Dubai, which dont happen too often in one's lifetime for most of us.

I miss my little Kancil in Penang and am wondering if it is still there as i am sliding in my payments!



No comments: