Saturday, February 03, 2018

When looking, finding begins.

I have the feeling God wants me to live as I am, a cigarette smoker, and a pot smoker if and when available, an occasional beer drinker, and a wanna be spiritually awakened individual with a long history of womanizing. Another confession after fajr or dawn prayer? Perhaps, From my 12th. floor apartment window the sky is lined with an orange glow over the city of Georgetown, Penang. I am listening to Anoushka Shankar on her sitar accompanied by the tabla at to make as I as I sit to male this Blog entry that has 50 followers worldwide and 516796 views to date, a Blog that got started sometime in 2005 while living in Kuala Terengganu, on the East Coast of the peninsula Malaysia. I am a father to four beautiful children, 3 boys and the youngest, my  daughter, is asleep in her room and would wake up sometime later just before noon as she a night person.
This on going journal is a continuation of my sketchbook journal which I had started sometime in 1978 when I visited England on a college trip form the University of Wisconsin in the United States. Incidentally, have you listened to Tina Turner sing Sarvesham Svastir Bhavatu ( Peace Mantra) on You Tube? Check it out. Back to my Blog after a short break to play with my cat that my daughter nImed 'Furby' and which I decided to call 'Firball', I do this as she demands the attention by scratching and biting my leg to play. Yes, I am now keeping my self busy with the simple things in life while I can. I meditate and do my Yoga stretching almost every day which I feel is beginning to show some positive result with my physical and mental state.Call it discipline or what you may, but I making my point in practice that making a consistent effort in any pursuit will bear fruit in the long run; I call it my spiritual practice. A combo of a little of this and a little of that to help me see through the day with a little positivity. 
I feel that God in whatever name you call Him is everyone's friend. He is in everyone's heart if you choose to look for Him there and to do so you have to empty your mind and reach your heart. The essence of your being is divine and let no one tell you otherwise, you are who or what you perceive yourself to be; perceive the highest of manifestation and why not. I am the Buddha Nature, I am the Christ Spirit and I am the Atma Brahman, I am the servant of my Lord; Allahu Akbar! It only means that i find my refuge in Islam as you find yours in your own Divinity.

"It basically means that in our deepest selves, we are divine. All living things are divine in their deepest selves. Now, that divine self may be hidden or covered over by hatred, envy, fear or other negative things. But, it is there nonetheless and it is our "true" and "eternal" selves." 
World Religions - Proffessor.com.  

No comments: