Sunday, December 29, 2013

Rake Dancing - Raking leaves in the forest.

After instructing a young farmer of 14 years old how to handle my Sony camera, I told him to get wild taking me in action.
As usual when all else fails I pick up the broom or in this case the rake and start to work on my incessantly busy mind wanting to move on  or keep doing what I am doing here. 


Mindfully raking away or sweeping away all the clutter in my mind, this is my practice here and while at it I managed to influence a few to take up the practice. When work is viewed as work it becomes a tedium after a while but when you use work to watch the workings of your mind it becomes an involved effort.  This is meditation in action, this is one way in keeping being present in the moment wherever you are.

In the old days monks would seek out bamboo groves or mango groves in order to create a retreat where one goes to practice in quiet and solitude in order to be less distracted by the busyness of life in the city. Here one aspires to let everything hang out and drop off eventually. In this day and age one has to try to allow for time to step away from one's normal routine and take a walk on the quiet side of the road.

Raking the leaves while in the forest is like weeding your fields where the weeds are never ending and the leaves keeps falling; this is how life is, you just have to keep raking and sweeping in order to stay ahead of your dual thinking mind

Off course I do not share my thoughts on these lines with the local here as it would fly over their heads and accuse me of  being deviant Muslim or some other accusations that the religious department can come up with; he was teaching how to rake minds.  

So, What is the definition of a FARMER? He is the man outstanding in his field! Hee! Hee!

No comments: