Wednesday, December 11, 2013

On my First Night Camping out.

My first stop for the night was by the Muda Dam in at the jetty. By nightfall I was the only one left in my tent hiding from the horrors out there! I spent the most miserable night with all kinds of haunting fears from all the noises and tappings around my tent. I believe that I was being tested by the spirits around the area. In the end i was so exhausted I just laid my head down and said out loud into the darkness,, like ' Screw you, if you want to kill me get it over with, if not get the fuck away from me. I had some peace after that but not till way early in the morning did I feel asleep. It is strange how my mind succumbs to such fears when here I thought I got it over with. 
The dam due to heavy rains have been over flowing and according to the locals this has been the highest the dam has been for many years. This area is located very close to the Thai Malaysian Border and in the old days was a very high security area especially during the communist insurgency years.
I pitched my tent facing the man made lake which made sleeping at night next to impossible as the boats rocking against each other made allot of random noises  especially when there is wind. It was the worse choice for a camping sight needless to say. Well live and learn as they say and you are never too old to learn.
Took a boat ride into the lake  with the only restaurant owner Ali who also is the fish buyer or middle man.. It was a nice easy ride and I learned al about the area. One and see wild elephants sometimes roaming along the bank or coming down for a swim.
Talk about perspective! This picture has a good symetrical  arrangement . The lake is fed by two rivers and there are some habitats for visitors further up into the lake.
We made a stop at one of the shores where they have weather station monitoring the rainfall and so forth. My friend Ali seems to be the man who has this place down pad. 
An old timer named Pa' Lah 'Jepun', one of those who has been fishing in these waters ever since the Dam was build..
On my second night I made a nasty error in having candles lit in my tent and fell asleep. I woke up to realize that i was about to be burned alive! Fortunately i had water in the tent and only burned my finger when I lay my hand in some melted wax. Ouch! The Pain!

1 comment:

ME. said...

dad!!! stop by a pharmacy and get proper medication for your fingers!!! love you loads and I see your having fun. remember what you always said to me when I was visited but unwanted spirits, don't be afraid of them and show them whose boss