Thursday, December 05, 2013

My Intentions -"Nawaitu"

As i am counting down towards my departue date I wish to share a few tthoughts on why I am taking this journey. It is more for my own self rather than justifying to others. I take this journey dedicating it to the memory of my late wife; that she is with me every mile of the way.
I am doing this trip in order to get a break from being in Georgetown for much too long already without one; I need to refresh, revitalize and reenergize.
I need to look for some new challenges in making my life as an artist more colorful and exciting and be able to share the experience with all my relatives and friends wherever they may be.
I hope to drop by the homes and residences of my friends along the route I take just to touch base and say hello; perhaps for the last time.
Most of all I have always had a wanderlust soul that cannot be in one cage for too long, I need to see as much as i can the Lord's vast creation and touch the souls that I come into contact with; listen to their storeis while i tell them mine.
Finally i would like to make this trip a spiritual one and give every effort towards getting close to my Lord in thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I met your wife Nancy when I was still in high school and she had just started studying at the local community college before she left for the university in Carbondale. We were both waitresses at a coffee shop all those ages ago and developed a very strong friendship. She was truly extraordinary even back then.

We were friends from 1974 until we lost touch with each other in 1985. I had always hoped to see her again one day.

I searched for her on the internet and this past year in February I found your son's blog and learned that she had died. I am so sorry.

Since then, I have followed your blog and seen pictures of your family. Your daughter looks so much like her mother.

I think it is wonderful that you are dedicating this trip to her. She would have really enjoyed it! Such a lovely and outstanding human being. Truly.

I send my best wishes to you and your family. Even though we will never meet, I wish the best for all of you.

Peace to you.
Patricia Schaeffer