Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Being one of the

She is working up a sweat early in the morning and she loves this place she said, it is so peaceful.  I wish to come here more often with my family will you teach me to speak good English please. Off course. But you must cook me that good fish curry you did, I replied.

-By right I should have done  more paintings than I have, but it seems not so big a deal at present as I am still absorbing the whole idea of being out here all alone at night. The sound of frogs chanting in the ponds and the river flowing close by, the sound of crickets and cicadas and an occasional  gibbon or mawas as they are known in Malay had kept me company through the nights. I am beginning to sleep better and longer.

 This could become my studio away from home, if all goes well I might consider residing here for a bit longer till I am  good and ready to move on.

The children that comes here are a joy to be around with as they are mostly well behaved and are very much alive. It gives me a greater incentive to go on sharing what i am experiencing knowing that when they grow up they might see what it was like when I visited them. At the top wearing a white skull cap is Ammar, the Captain's son.


Well, anyone for an outdoor art class? Come join me, there's room to spare, good fresh air and quiet evenings with birds every where.


No comments: