Friday, December 13, 2013

Fish BBQ Time!

As the evening fell it was time to BBQ some fish and the Captain's wife was in charge while was assigned the fire pit prepration. I like to see smoke in the air in the morning ans the evening 

Ikan Siakap Laut, Sea bass? Delicious after being BBQed.
This place reminds mew a great deal of how Green Gulch must have started off in California. I is the brainchild of a few who sought and found the alternative to living just the everyday mundane life  while missing out on nature. Except for the occasional leech and mosquitoes which I would consider not too bad, this place and every traveler's, writers or artist;s dream place. 

I am fortunate to have been invited and accepted by the local families as one of them  this wherever i have gone has allowed me to learn about people and life and in being able to cope with what life has to offer. In return I share myself, my life my ways with them and heir children.
I have the feeling that my presence has injected some new energy into the locals who seems to fins new interest is the facility which to me would make a perfect spiritual retreat as well not for any religious denomination but purely for the persuit of tranquility and well being of the mind.

Located "at the edge of the world" a tiger cub was sighted by one of the locals who was out rubber tapping. The rubber trees are being tapped at night as it is more productive, so it is said. But I can hardly see how i could do it having developed this phobia for the dark n remote. But after having spent a few nights here i am almost cured of my being scared of the dark places.. 

To earn the trust anf friendship of the young and old in such a community takes some understanding of people ans the openness of your heart in accepting whatever is laid before you, no judgements nor false pretentions.

Nothing is more special than eating in one big happy family


The Cap. and his family. He runs the show here and knows what he is doing.

One of my efforts at water color while resting in my room at night.


No comments: