Monday, November 25, 2013

Turning Negative to Positive by lifting your own Bootstraps..



I have been having the flu for the past week or so and it seems to be lingering without making any significant change except that not my phlegm when i cough and spit out contains drops of blood; not good. The migraines are back with  force nine magnitude that almost blinds me at times and my daughter needs her rent money and my car needs the road tax renewed; not a beautiful scenario to wake up to this morning and let us hope this too will pass, somehow.
I am still contemplating leaving the City for the East Coast just to get away and perhaps fine some solace where there is less noise and not as hectic a life. I also have to settle my late wife's income tax issues where I have to pay RM5000 and it can only be solved in Terengganu where her files are or so it seems. It is that time of the year I suppose where it is pouring cats and dogs as the monsoon season hits the South China Seas and at the same time I am getting inundated by life's daily pressures economic as well as psycho-emotional, the later being a sense of stagnation and lack of energy to rebound.
My so called issues are no issues at all compared to those who got swiped by the Typhoon in the Philippines, they have a hell to deal with for quite sometime to come. Their future is bleaker than most especially for the children whose life is being torn apart by such a magnitude of devastation; this is collective suffering at its worse. My problem is a far cry from what these folks are up against and I am deeply saddened if not fearful at what has happened and more it seems will happen for so long as nothing is done in terms of climate changes. Mankind is headed for the worse or so it seems and we are still playing roulette as to what should be done to combat these natural catastrophes.
I sat watching the documentary movie made of Mahatma Gandhi which is five hours long on Youtube, not the Hollywood, Ben Kingsley Gandhi movie but the actual black and white taken during his lifetime and it has been uplifting to say the least. The Mahatma holds a special place in my heart ever since i first came to learn about him when i was a child and he was killed a year before I was born. One skinny Indian 'Fakir' in a loin cloth took down the British Empire in India! His life has been one long struggle for the independence of one of the most populated nation on earth and he did it all without too much bloodshed and allot of self sacrifice. My point in making is that when I am approaching a slump or depression or when i am in need of some sort of reminder to lift myself up again from wallowing in self pity or defeat, I would watch the lives and achievements of great men like Gandhi, or Nelson Mandela or Martin Luther King and more. It is through reflecting on how they have managed to stay on the road that i too can feel the energy and the will to transcend all that stand in my way of living life to the fullest. Life is too precious to be left to its own demise by not propagating a means for its healthy growth; there is only one life to live, live it well.

No comments: