Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ink & wash sketches

 What I observe while doing my art is the fact that my mind willstart to wander from my doing with thoughts and ideas about how my works will sell orhow they would be apprecaited by others and such. Soon I find myself straying from what i am doing and often enough ends up in making errors and worse becomes a mess.
Call it the interference of the ego giving itself credit for what is being done even before it is completed. This interference is one of the most unproductive effect the ego can have over my efforts as i loose focus and conentration. Drawing or sketching or doing anyting else for that matter demands totl absorbtion into what one is doing and when this happens, time stood still and the go becomes non existent and thus stands out of the way from the act of creativity.
The ego likes to give itself credit and demands recognition incessently no matter what one is into; it is always this is me, mine and my accomplishments, I am great. The ego hates to be left out or ignored. The act creativity when in total concentration does not include the ego and thus the ego becomes extra active during these moments to create a distraction.
When an art piece is done through spontaneous absorbtion the work will reflect fluidity and grace, it will reflect the inner being of the artist as it is the outcome of this state of no-mind.
A controlled effort is not spontaneous and often it will reflect rigidity and allot of effort where spontaneous act reflect effortlessness, this is when the fun of making an art piece happens.
Spontaneous creativity happens when the mind -eye has captured and fully comprehend what it intends to create and then with no effort at all execute the motions to create. The eyes sees, the subconscious mind digest and creative expression happens with every effortless brush strokes.

No comments: