Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Leaving for KL tonight

One of my nieces is getting married this weekend in Sham Alam and this is one of those events that i dare not miss as she is my cousin Zakaria's daughter. Among my nephews and nieces Zakria's children has held a special place in my heart just like their father who has my utmost love and respect. Throughout my association with him I have nothing but respect and admiration for his way of life and this is one man who has never judged me for who I am or what i have turned out to be.

I am going there also to renew my children's American International Passport which expires someitme in July and so it is hitting two birds with one stone. I am taking the chances of driving at night in my little Kancil and trusting that she will deliver the three of us there safely. As always i enjoy night driving when I go on long distances as it is alot cooler and less traffic to deal with. I do not doubt that there are disadvantages in doing so but I am use to it...the rest I leave my trust in He Who Delivers. A Mercedes Kompressor may deliver me in comfort but my Kancil will deliver me in one piece InSha'Allah!

Well made it there and back, attendd the wedding and got the passports renewed and its Sunday today arrived Penang at fivethirty this morning. Made a wrong turn or two along the way back and had to retrack my way cursing and swearing, some things never change even with age and thank God my two children are getting used to it. But the Kancil performed wonderfully with not problem even could have chased given a challenge or two to the more agressive drivers had I been more reckless like I used to be in the good old devil may care days, nope these days i have two kids sleeping beside me and their safety comes first. So I took my time and was even made fun of cause i drove too slow, if they only knew.

The wedding was extavagant needless to say and to my cousin's credit for he is an organizer and plans thing down to the nitty gritty and he has his children to in tow to get things accomplished. It was na dhas always been a marvel to watch my cousin and the rest of his brood get things done if there is anything i could learn from this is that here is a man who has understood the teachings of the Prophet and put it to practice especially the part of Patience. The wedding was attended by many dignitaries as my cousin has quite a few friends who is in the Who is Who book of KL and mostly they have to do with the police and justice department. So I shook many hands yesterday the known and the not so well known, welcoming everyone, I was even welcoming the waiters as they walked in and out someone pointed out. It was a lesson to learn about people, those who genuinely shake your hand with enthusiasm and those who brush by like you dont exist, each lost in their realm of who they they are. There are even those who take offence the fact that I was there in long sleeve and tie, out of place for the 'sampin' totting Malays, unpatriotic of me. But at the end of the day I shook many hands as the Prophet (SAW) had encauraged for muslims to practice.

No comments: