No matter what tries to hold you back, step forward one foot at a time.
The Next Foot Forward
Ha! Ha! Guruji accepts the accusation. 😂 Though I suspect the scattering of ignorance is mostly my own broom doing the work.
Just before I wrote my previous thoughts, I had been listening to a Neville Goddard-inspired podcast titled “This Will Find You 1 Day Before The Best Chapter Of Your Life Begins.”
I wasn't looking for it.
In fact, I hadn't listened to Neville Goddard for quite some time. Then, this evening, the thought suddenly came to me that I missed listening to him. And there it was—the only Neville Goddard podcast sitting on my browser.
Synchronicity?
The Universe?
My Higher Self?
God?
Wallahu a'lam.
It could even have simply been an algorithm doing what algorithms do. Ha! Ha!
But perhaps I don't actually have to decide which explanation is correct.
The coincidence became meaningful because I was ready to notice it.
And perhaps that is enough.
There is something else I have been thinking about.
I have spent quite a bit of time wondering whether I am still waiting for some great “breakthrough”—some event around the corner that will suddenly make everything fall into place.
But perhaps I have been looking at it from the wrong direction.
Tonight I found myself thinking about kinhin, the slow walking meditation practiced in the Zen tradition.
You don't arrive somewhere spectacular.
You simply take one deliberate step.
Then another.
The destination isn't really the point of the walking.
The walking is the practice.
Maybe life is like that.
I don't have to deny the possibility that something wonderful is waiting around the bend. But I don't have to stand at the bend staring into the distance either.
I can walk.
Step.
Breathe.
Step.
Lean forward.
Step.
And perhaps there is an even subtler synchronicity hidden in all of this.
I was asking:
“Am I still waiting for something?”
And then Neville appears, essentially telling me that another chapter is about to begin.
But instead of taking that as another invitation to sit around waiting for the cosmic curtain to rise, I find myself saying:
“I'll put my next foot forward.”
Now that feels different.
Perhaps what I have been calling the breakthrough isn't an event waiting for me somewhere in the future.
Perhaps the breakthrough is the moment I stop waiting for it.
That would be a very Zen sort of punchline.
And I rather like it.
At seventy-eight, perhaps the bend in the road isn't the end of the road at all. It is simply the point where I can no longer see the road from where I have been standing.
So, my friend, don't ask the bend to reveal itself.
Put the next foot down.
Kin-hin.
And then the next.
Salam, fellow walker.
Hashtags
#TheNextFootForward #Kinhin #Zen #NevilleGoddard #Synchronicity #HigherSelf #DivineTiming #SpiritualJourney #Awareness #Consciousness #TheWay #KeepWalking #LifeAt78 #WallahuAlam #OneStepAtATime


No comments:
Post a Comment