Saturday, December 05, 2020

Trapped within Time and Space.


 


 Lost in time and space, is the theme of this an several others of the same style and technique, part of a series, The foot and palm prints are from afive year old girl who is now about 12-13 years of age. I can call this works lost in time and space for that matter. My artworks has always been created to capture the moment of what or where I was while executing them. Just as my journals and sketches and as now my bogging were meant to do, it is an effort o document each and every moment of my words thoughts and deed as closely and frequently as I possibly could. It was a thought promoted by J.Krishnamurti in one of his works that struck me as an impossibility, however now that I look back at it over the years, watching the mind, how it functions daily if not moment to moment is not impossible at all. One of the ways I realized is the fact that I have kept an on going journal in the form of writing, sketching, picture taking and various other methods that comes to mind that i can closely watch how my mind functions. 


Throughout this Blogging I have been documenting my journey in life as much and as thoroughly as i can recollect and after all these years and after some 2300 postings, one would think that i have gotten somewhere, learned something about my self or at least how my mind works. Not really, to accept the truth, far from it; I am still at a lost and in the dark as to who or what I truly am other than what i think of who I am or according what others think of who I am.I find myself time and again running in circles like ring around the rossies, and repeating the same old story or lyrics on a broken record. No the mind is a mystery that is beyond my normal and conditioned perception to grasp and grapple with; the mind is as slippery and can be as vicious as a rattle snake if not understood. The mind on the other hand is capable of creating the Universe and all that is within and without if fully understood; the Mind is just a word with no meaning or a Word that means God.


 Space and time are concepts almost all modern day thinking minds albeit scientists or otherwise are in agreement to this fact, however the question is how does man utilize this realization to fulfill his aspirations,dreams and vision about his life? How does he free himself from the conditioning of being in the state governed by the laws of time and space concepts; how does he free himself from this Maya. Not that he has to or must do so for any particular reason, but for the sake of his personal growth out of this conditioned and limiting state of existence he should at the very least try to have a handle on this phenomena. Man is trapped in Space and Time of his own  construction and consciously or unconsciously he has been struggling to be liberated from the concept, if not physically, spiritually. 

 

No comments: