Friday, February 17, 2012

Whats New in My Creative Corner?

Destroying is a crucial part of creativity and not being afraid to  take chances in loosing what one thinks as being what is hoped for is part and parcel of creative artistic process.   
This piece is no more what it is as seen here as i had too much time spent on it in trying to create something hwich seemed to elude me and so I obliterated it and came out with something totally different.What materialized may not be better or worse than what was but it helped to break the gridlock i was caught into.

This Balinese dancer is the only piece I was abel to create ut of my Bali trip in 2008. I was very impressed with the Balinese Arts and Culture and is still am for who is not? However I find it has become a cliche among most artists to try and imitate the Balinese painters. In this painting i wanted to add a few words like "OH No!" the lady was expressing while the Barong eyes in the background was saying "OH Yea!!"
Drip Art has always fascinated me but i had ignored it for the simple reason that I was not fully convinced by its aesthetic values as a work of art. It is too much of an abstract form for my taste. However after working alongside my friend Mr. Najjar Mussawir from Illinois the technique evoked a new feeling inside of me like an old friend saying "Hey! Remember me!, why not?" Yes i used to splash paint all over the canvasses in my past and most were either given away or sold. Today in working with the series i am working at which is "Space" I find that one form of expressing what is space is this technique as it is so spontaneous and full of surprises and gentle accidents.
This piece i am working on has also taken on a different design in colors if not forms, I call it "Deep IMpact".
These Horses were first started when I was living in the East Coast of Kuala Terengganu and I think it was started in the year of the Horse according to the Chinese Calendar. I have been working on it ever since as i could never paint horses

No comments: