Monday, July 12, 2010

Show Time!!





















On the day before the oppening of my Solo Exhibition I was having a bout of depression and told this to my friend and fellow artist Vasu over coffee at the nasi kandar sstall by the gate of the Kapitan Kling Mosque. I felt that the show was lacking in something and i did not feel as confident as i had felt in the past while putting on my exhibitions. However by sometime at ten that evening my friends from the Muzium and Gallery Tuanku Fauziah, USM arrived with all the necessary tools and expertise and by midnight they had transformed my show into one of my best presentation yet and so said almost everyone who was at the oppening and visiting guests the day after.
I very disappointed that only about three or four of my student showed up and a couple of my fellow lecturers from the Equator Academy of Arts, but at the end of the day i was more than happy for i had the greatest time with friends and especially my brother Lee Khai who officiated the oppening and his family. Then there were all the Museum Staff who sat on the floor listening to my ramblings about what it is that i seek to accomiplish as an artist or even if I knew myself to be one. One of the most pleassant surprise was receiving a call from twin brother to congratulate me for the occaision, this has never happened before.
My cousin brother and his family has never missed any of my oppenings in the past three solo exhibitions, they were there to offer their support too and so was my two children for whom this exhibition was meant to be. I believe in teahing through being an example and by making things happen which not too many can these days. By having this show I again learned a few things about true friendship and genuine caring, it helps to make me feel humble again towards all that help I had received, like from my cousin Salleh who cattered for the reception and my young friend and fellow artist Shaparin who did most of the physical labors without hesitation when asked and many others who lend a helping hand in one form or another...God bless them all and I thank them all from the bottom of my heart.
And last and not the least, the reporters from two dailies here there too! I dont hold too much hope for haing my story told in the next few days however as there too many exciting events going on in and around the country like how much durians the PM and DPM can consume and who is stealing sand and exporting it for years right under everyone's noses and only recently discovered... only in Malaysia, and the old Indian samy who refuses to give up the chariot seat even when all the horses pulling the cart refuses to move untill he did, these are more entertaining than my kind of event and then off course it was on the State Governor's birthday!
SUCH IS!!

1 comment:

Faida said...

Congratulation. Sorry I missed the event. Why no photos?