Sunday, March 15, 2009

Running around like a chicken without a head.











The past two weeks saw me travelling twice from the west coast all the way across to the east coast of the Malay Peninsular. First driving my sister and my son and then by bus all by myself to again pick up mysister and return her to the west coast. I stayed in Manjung, Perak with my sister who is house sitting for her daughter. It was rainning heavily when i left Manjung for Penang by bus today where i hope to book an airline ticket for KLIA where I am to catch a connecting flight to Dubai on the midnight of the 20th. My son has booked the flight for me however i have yet to receive the itinerary for my flight reservations and schedule in my email. Well, have to play it by ear I guese patience i am learning is indeed a virtue either that or give up your plans and grow rossele even if the guys you plan on working out with turn out to be opportunistic dicks.





My daughter is going to KL with her school for a gathering called 'Kami Anak Malaysia", what an irony! Here's someone who is not qualified to receive any form of response from the Malysian Government for her citizenship status and has to pay foreign student fees for her education in her own father's place of birth, 'Tanah tumpah darah ku", as the national anthem goes, is representing her school in a Spirit of Nationalism Campaign. She most probably like her dad would get the opportunity to shake the prime Minister's hand to give the irony an even finer twist.





My son did very poorly in his finals and has decided to retake some subjects having hopefully learned a little lesson about life and education. I do not believe in too much force when it comes to educating my kids as i have learned from my own experience growing up that often enough force has the tendency to backfire and oftentimes makes things alot worse than good.
It is best to let my son learn the lessons he need to learn on his own terms while I provide all the assistance a father could to make sure that his choices in life does not deviate too much from what is right and wrong. Children I believe has to be allowed to remain children untill such time that they can outgrow their childhood through whatever external or internal intervention or motivation but not through force or psychological manipulation of an adult. A father works hard so his children can remain as children for as long as possible this is the gift from father to his children and not trying very hard to force the kids into adulthood so as to break off from the sense of responsibility a father should have towards his children. Once a child becomes an adult then everything changes, my children becomes my close friendsm my trusted friends my soul mates. It makes no difference if they are doctors or lawyers or street sweepers, they will still remain my loved ones.

No comments: