Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What's Up with Work?

The Jerejak Resort and SPA is a phenomenal place to be working at and at the moment the resort is trying very hard to stay afloat and sometimes it feels like the whole Jerejak island might just sink into the ocean just from the shere weight of debts that is owed. Today the TNB has come to cut off the electric supply as the Resort owes some 26K of electric bill for this month and back dated accounts. The old fart whole delivers this bad tidings seems to enjoy his work as I see hime just about every other month. He acts as though he owns the Electric company and he is God AlMioghty when it comes to shutting off the power supply to any who cannot afford to pay up their bills. I wqould have told him off a thing or two had it not been for the fact that I might make matters worse for the Resort and not to mention myself.
The new Resort Manager is slowly beginning to show his true character and it is not what i would call a great character to run a Resort. He may be talented in managing money but I have my doubts about his ability to bring the place to life. Needless to say I am about had it with working under such hopeless condition where there is no sense of direction or collective cohesiveness to make things work. It seems like everyone has their own mission to accomplish but no one mission is common to all. There is no management credo and things are done like one is running a liquor store instead of a 4Star Resort.
Oh well what can i say without jeopardizing myself if I say too much about my own employer so enough said. At my age there is not much out there that I can do except go on my own and going on my as an artist has not been too much of a success in the past. What is holding me back I cannot pinpoint but it seems like when it comes to selling my works i fail miserably. The one thing great about being an artist is that I am still able to draw or create regardless if i sell or not and ther is always the hope that one day ha! One day! If only that day is around the corner hell i could sure use it to get me out of this rut that i am in before it is too late.
The advantage of woreking at the ferry terminal where i am at is the fact that it allows me plenty of time to do my own thing in between ferry schedules. I have been able to do alot of reading and drawing without being interupted and in a perfect environment where the sea and the island is part of the landscape around me. The guys i work with at the jetty are pretty laid bakc sometimes too laid back but hey what else can they do when there is not much to do. My helper is aNepalese I call Lil Bahadur! although that is not exactly his name. He is addicted to the four digit lottery and a few days ago won two five hundred on a winning numbers. He is hard working and has a respect for me like a good right hand man that I can trust. Then there is the security man whop moves slow and is often fast asleep in the guard booth. He is okey once you know his game when it comes to work.
Well it is work and it keeps me and the kids still in the picture day to day what more can i ask for considering what I have lived through all these years and the places I have been things i have seen and experienced most that money cant buy. So for now I will abide what is there in front of me and keep on working at it and hope for the next big wave to ride out with.

No comments: