Thursday, March 13, 2014

Be Here Now! -Quotes by Ram Dass

“It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.” 
― Ram Dass


 “In most of our human relationships, we spend much of our time reassuring one another that our costumes of identity are on straight.” 
― Ram Dass
“I would like my life to be a statement of love and compassion--and where it isn't, that's where my work lies.” 
― Ram Dass

“The most important aspect of love is not in giving or the receiving: it's in the being. When I need love from others, or need to give love to others, I'm caught in an unstable situation. Being in love, rather than giving or taking love, is the only thing that provides stability. Being in love means seeing the Beloved all around me.” 
― Ram Dass

“We are all affecting the world every moment, whether we mean to or not. Our actions and states of mind matter, because we are so deeply interconnected with one another.” 
― Ram Dass

“I would say that the thrust of my life has been initially about getting free, and then realizing that my freedom is not independent of everybody else. Then I am arriving at that circle where one works on oneself as a gift to other people so that one doesn't create more suffering. I help people as a work on myself and I work on myself to help people.” 
― Ram Dass

“Learn to watch your drama unfold while at the same time knowing you are more than your drama.” 
― Ram Dass

“Let's trade in all our judging for appreciating. Let's lay down our righteousness and just be together.” 
― Ram Dass

The game is not about becoming somebody, it's about becoming nobody.” 
― Ram Dass

It's all real and it's all illusory:
that's Awareness!” 
― Ram Dass

No comments: