Friday, March 27, 2009

The unveiling of the Mural




An inauguration party was held to unveil the Mural on Naz's wall although it was officially unannounced as such but all those who were there were forced to take their pictures against the wall! It gives me a great feeling to have been able to create something in a short period of time and hear the compliments for it. It is such an opportunity to be able to express myself with no pressures hammering at my mind knowing that I am in my son's home and his care I feel a sense of temporary relief from the life I am leading in Malaysia. And this too will pass, as the great Jalaludin the Sufi Master in his infinite wisdom once said. However I am going to enjoy this temporary reprieve no matter how short it may be and make the best out of it by possibly doing as many more murals as I can afford to on other walls as there has been requests to do so.



The guests were all employees of the Emerates Air off course, pilots and flight attendants from all over the world and it was just as exciting for me to watch my son living his own life among his friends and colleagues a far cry from how I lived mine and an even more distant cry from that of my father's.


I am experiencing a whole different world of existance as compared to those I have had before. This is where the successful hang out, the captains and the crews of one of the most 'prestigious airline' in the world today and they each in their own ways have their own special personalities that makes them who they are and yet when you talk to them you find them to be down to earth ordinary kids learning the ropes of survival in a mixed up world.

No comments: