Saturday, December 20, 2008

Immigration Blues

On the seventeenth of this month I made a trip to the Immigration office to get my daughter's student permit visas renewed for next years school session. I was late for six days in doing so and was fined one hundred RM and given six month of renewal as opposed to the normal one school year. On top of that I have also to pay for the 60RM actual fee for each renewal of this visas. I took it holding my tears hard from leaving my eyes from anger and frustration. It was not the fines and the pinalizations the urked me but the arrogance and the lack of manners by which the officer in charege handled me a sixty year old perhaps older than his own father. I spent three hours sitting and waiting for something that normally would have taken less than fifteen minutes. It gav me the great opportunity of observing who gets the VIP treatment and who get s shoved around like I was.
If the Immigration had been consistant in their manner of handling my case like fine me two years ago or a year ago when I was months late in doing the same thing I could understand better but it seems like I am a rare case or to be made an examople of for some odd ball reason. I felt like an alien in my own country with an Indian lady sitting across in her sit passing any kind of judgement over me as she seems fit for the past three years that i had dealt with her and now this young Malay who saw the opportunity to kick the old man because he dared to have children who are American citizens! Three cheers for Malays and three more cheers for being a Malaysian!!
The accusation made about me being "Melayu yang ta' berdentiti" in a comment made in my blog a few entries ago rings some thruth now! Who the hell am I?? Do i even have any slightest right as a Malaysian citizen in my own country? Waht great have I commited that I am being treated like a Pariah and my children having to bear the consequences?
I had the mind to write a nasty letter to the Immigration Director but i held it back out of consideration for my own future and that of my children whose citizenship is up in a balance. And what good would it do after all I was late for six days!! My duaghter who had grown up in this country since kidergarten till she is now in form four going form five was an illegal alien for six days of her life. If deported where would she go? Her mother is terminally ill and vegitating in a Nursing home in America, who can she depend on? How could she deprive this country of anything worthwhile if she had over sayed six days of her life in her father's homeland? And she belongs to the Police cadet in her school among other contributions she had made being an active student? These are things that blew my mind when I am dealing with petty tyrants who runs the government bureucracy an had it in their minds that they have the authority to be rude and condescending because they wear the uniform. Not a word of copassion or understanding not a word of greeting between fellow Muslim, between an elder and young no sir! Did this jerk even ask why I was late? The answer was simple economics, not enough money to cover the cost after having dealt with my son's issue (with the Immigration).
I too have served this country in more ways that I dare to reveal! Suffice to say that if I were to reveal some of the things I did in my years abroad for my country I could be accused in the court of law and not the one that belongs to this country. I have witnesses to a thing or two that i have done for this country but hey, who gives?? As the Dr.M said they forget ever so easily. If the Immigration Director reads this so be it and if wishes to or have the time of day to meet me Insha"Allah, but otherwise this is what it felt like and I put off writing this down just so i dont get carried away and expose myself too much that would jeopardize my children and their future.

No comments: