Saturday, July 16, 2022

I need to take a Break from making serious observation of myself; I think too much - Part one.

 So let's us take a trip back when to take a retreat from the present state of mind...San Francisco! Specially for those who are familiar with life in The Bay Area.


  " I am stuck in the middle, my friend,,,!" - Joshua Bowes, while living on Haight and Ashbury right on the corner facing the ADVARK recycled clothing store, used to be behind The Gap. This is for the benefit of those who were my fellow travelers on this path of self discovery, self dissolution, self annihilation; the middle way. Those who are familiar with the Haight/Ashbury colorful cultural/historical background, the Birthplace of the Flower Children! Located on the outskirt of the Golden Gate Park, it was the place where a whole lot of cultural cum spiritual changes took place and perhaps still does. I used to live for a few yeas in this area of the San Fracisco Golden

                                    With Josh and his Indonesian Buddy  taken in his kitchen .


Gate Park, we used to live on Stanyan and Carl, my late wife Nancy and our infant son, Karim. Our apartment was right at the top of the road and parking was always a challenge. I still have the note that was left underneath my windshield wiper, saying to the effect that had rolled off and made a complete U-Turn where it was parked in


someone's driveway. The Lord must have been watching over us that no accident had taken place. And why am I telling all these? I am sharing a piece of my life while living with my family in the San Francisco Bay Area where in all I spent ten Years of my life from being a Zen student/ Organic Farm worker to running an Industrial yard on the SF Water Front area as the Yard Superintendent for H&H Ship and Environmental Service, This company is long gone and the whole area where I had spent six years of my life with the Office at 20, China Basin right next to the O'Shagnessy draw bridge on Third Street.


Anyhow, the whole area has been turned into the Present San Francisco Giants Ball pARK.! I was working at a site where major changes was about to happen it was a privilege, an honor to be present on one of the SF Landmarks, the Water Front. Stretching from the Presidio all the way to Hunter's Point, this was where I worked as a Yard Boss. I was in charge of the Underground  Fuel Tank Dispossal  facility and the general management of the whole Yard area. It was one of the most toxic and messy job that I have ever held and I spent six years of my life making sense out of non-sense, keeping safe what was potentially the most hazardous environment to work in. I needed a job and I was just (kicked) out of the Zen Monastery at Green Gulch Farm and was sleeping underneath Joshua's kitchen table till I got on my feet or face becoming a homeless in the Streets of SF.

 
The highlight of my life living in the SF Bay Area was working for H&H Ship and Environmental Services, a Hazardous Waste Management and Ship servicing Company located off third Street on the Water Front Area of The SF Bay. I loved my life, not an easy one but it a many of its time where I grew to know myself better, my weaknesses and and my strength. Here I found and lost Love and I lost my self esteem and any pride that I have for myself and found that I had to raise two beautiful children while my late wife taught English as a second language out of UC Berkeley, Ca. It was in the Bay Area that I was able to let off much of anger at life thanks to my friends and loved ones, I Love San Francisco and will always feel blessed having tasted Her beauty and her wealth of humanity, of love for one and another, I learned my lessons after ten years of living in this beautiful City, Two of my children were born in the City, one at the Davies Medical Center and the other at the one on Army and Mission Street, can't remember the name now.  #sanfrancisco,#haightashbury,#goldengatepark,


No comments: