Saturday, September 23, 2017

Off to the East Coast, I am.

". Only in his country and among his own people is a Prophet without honor." Who said this? I cannot remember but I think it s one of Mooji's quotes from someone else. But it is not relevant who said it, it is more importantly if it is true  Tonight I will take the express bus from Georgetown to Kuala Terengganu to visit my family and friends there. Why? Mostly to get away and recharge my energy, clear my head, hope for some new and challenging or perhaps inspiring events that will help me get back on track. I have been spending too much time on the computer and not much in anything else, not healthy for my mind and body, I can just feel the decadence and slothfulness setting in. I am not saying that i have wasted my time entirely, but I need to have my change of pace.
Hopefully I will find some new ideas or even inspiration to get back into my creative space.
I also miss the swim in the South China Sea which I have always in the past accepted as a very healing endeavor physically mentally and spiritually. I used to swim almost every morning when I was livng there upon returning in 1998 from Japan. My sinus  problems especially disappeared and when I am floating around on my back chanting to myself from the verses in the Quran I felt the vibrations entering my body from the silence of the water around me as my ears were like they were in a vacuum. I remember an incident whereby I was floating half submerged in the salt water and chanting, in Arabic the line, "From Him I came to Him I return," I  was not aware for how long i was doing this until I heard a knock of wood on wood and immediately i felt like I was in a coffin and then I heard a voice saying in the Terengganu dialect, " Maybe not this morning, but you have a bit to far off from the beach. I lifted my head from the water and found a sampan or fishing boat closeby and the Malay fisherman looking down at me. 
Another morning I was doing the same thing and sudden I felt a very rough scaled what i believe was a large fish brushed against my side and scared the living daylights out of me. When i lifted my head and looked around me i found myself having drifted so far from the beach that I could only see the tops og the coconut trees lining the shoreline. I started swimming for my life towards land thinking that i was about to be a shark bait. I was living right close to the beach at the time a place called Pantai Puteri, at Gong Badak, which is next to the airport runway as it ends into the sea. This was my meditation practice almost every morning as the sun begins to rise when the sea was always calm as a mirror and the water warm. During this time there was hardly a soul all along the seashore as far as my eyes can see and I had it all to myself.
My other excuse for leaving is to give my daughter a little break from having her dad around all the time, I am sure she could use some private time to herself in the apartment. Npw that the next door neighbor had just moved in I am nott as wooried that she will be all alone on the floor of the apartment building. my trip will hopefully give her the spce all to herself for a week or so and that she wwwill learn to take care of herself, yes I worry too much about her sometimes. 
Well it is almost time to go and here's to all the good wishes for a favorable journey shrt as it may seems but a change of pace nonethe;ess,
      






No comments: