Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Life begins at sixty four!

For three to four mothns of the year these beaches are hit by severe Monsoon wing and rain and swimming or any other form of fun activity along the shore are out of the question. In the aftermath there will be all kinds of of debris and flotsam brought down from the interior by the raging floods and swollen rivers to be poured out into the sea. This was when I will take my walks and start my collection of driftwoods and various other unique items that is left behind. These includes dead fowls and animals too unfortunately and so i would help to bury them in the sand to avoid the smell.

When living by the the Terengganu Airport at Gong Badak my house was the only one in the area facing the sea and every morning at sunrise i would take a walk and a swim in the calm waters, floating like of a water bed and sometime doing my Zikr or repeating certain verses from the Quran and listening to the vibration in the water as my ears are below the water level. It is like being in a vacuum. It was a part of my ritual and spiritual practice at the time. I would float for an hour or so sometimes oblivious to my whereabouts as the water was so calm like floating in the womb of my mother, safe and happy.

I would often sit facing the rising sun with my eyes focused on it without a blink and this would go on till I could take it no more. In this I imagine myself being scanned by the sun's energy and the atoms within my system is being re-energized and revitalized. The rays from the sun is placed jut above and in between my eyes while i sit with my mind empty of any thoughts letting the warm rays does its work on my brain cells, Most city dwellers do not get this opportunity to use what is the source of energy to our advantage in the form of healing and recharging, we get too buried into what we call work. We become servants of time and not the other way round.

Our Five Star Hotel! The residence of Bibah Songket. Waht a lovely place and my twin brother an his wife has done very well for themselves in this life. It is more than a dream come true for them and i am very fortunate to be here and entertained with my son who first swim in the sea is right in uncle's back yard. I hope and pray that thrift we have had between us as the 'Corsican Brothers' as someone once called us because we never got along, has now come back closer together and is healing, it is about time.  

What more would you ask for when the ocean is right in your backyard. and you can stroll along the beach and pick seashell anytime you want and the gentle breeze is constantly blowing to cool you down from the noonday sun as the Island of Kapas sits in the shimmering horizon. And the food! My sister in law loves to entertain when it comes to food and did we have some of the best dishes from lamb chops to Jack fruits. 

                                                                  And we get to rest in coll air conditioned rooms as the occupants, my nephews and nieces have all left to be elsewhere raising their own families. It most probably was as pleasant for my twin and his wife to have someone to entertain after being cooped up in the bungalow all by themselves.
                                                           
On the right is my Dad's car and on the left is my uncle's  pick your choice!
Upon arrival Timo and i immediately took a plunge into the sea and enjoyed ourselves to the pure, clean salt water as it enters every orifice in our bodies cleaning up our system from head to toe inside out. The first  noticed that was affected by the salt water were my eyes as they cleared like being scrubbed with salt. My sinuses too took a good thorough clean up throwing out all the accumulated mucus and I know there was allot more that had been subjected to the cleansing power of the salt water like the skin and the inside of the ears and not to mention the mouth and the teeth. I would absolutely recommend to anyone to do this every now and then, take a good long dip in the ocean and allow your body to float free from the pull of gravity and you also move any which way you like, like you are in a flotation tank, kick punch, roll, do your Taichi moves and your Yoga or simply just sit and float.
AAh! All that ocean to myself, what a life.



No comments: