Saturday, April 05, 2014

A message to Able Thinking Malaysians from Raja Petra Kamaruddin



BREAKING FROM THE HERD

"In the 1970s, I believed in religion. Today, I think that religion is the cause of most of the world’s problems and that you can still believe in the existence of God if you so wish without believing in any religion."
In the 1970s, I believed in politics. Today, I think that politics is the cause of most of the world’s problems and that the focus should no longer be about winning elections or changing governments but about changing society or the way that society thinks.
The truth is the real problem lies with us, not with the political parties that we support or oppose. The real problem is in the way we think. Malaysians are no longer a nation of thinkers. We are a nation of herds, as Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad himself pointed out. And herds are incapable of thinking — if not they would not be herds.
it is futile to discuss religious, political, social, economic, governance, etc., issues unless we can first accept that the fault lies with us. Society needs to change. Our mentality needs to change. Our values need to change. Our ideals need to change. And only when we can accept this will real change be possible.
Many of you are still bogged down in determining the outcome of the 14th General Election that must be held by March 2018. Continue doing that. I want to look at what is going to happen after March 2018, whoever may be in power at that time. This is the change that concerns me. And this change will never happen unless Malaysians can first reformat their mind and install a new operating system of liberalism and a civil society not restricted by race, religion and politics.
So forgive me you Malaysian Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc., plus you Barisan Nasional and Pakatan Rakyat supporters. You are all my enemies because you are all obstacles to change. Hence I am going to attack the whole lot of you like I have been doing since 2010. That is my mission these last few years of my life here on earth."
Malaysia Today
I could not say it better as this is my sentiments exactly where the status of this country is concern and the scary horizon that it is headed towards..A country that has just about every resources and is protected from major natural disasters, a country that is rich in history culture and religions as it is claimed a True Asia in nature is today one of the most corrupted, religiously myopic and hugely in debt to other nations; we are it seems receding back into a Third World country status.
The question will always remain , how to educate the masses towards achieving a mind shift that will help us move forward collectively despite our differences in color or creed. How many read, how many read blogs such as this and how many will take the trouble to spread the knowledge fro having read to those who are illiterate.Any government worth its salt would take to heart these words by the self exile 'True Believer ' in the form of a mixed blooded prince whose crusade in life has been to be the voice and conscience of the people of this country.
I raise my hat to him.
This how I feel about UMNO in Penang.

No comments: