Saturday, February 20, 2010

So I am growing old into becoming a grouch eh?




Heavens forbid! The one thing I hope never to become as i get up there in age is turning into an angry old fart , dissatisfied with life and not in tune with the flow. No Sireee... Bob! Nope! , not me! I will have to start looking at the brighter side of life more and laugh at my own jokes if I have to. Just sat at the mall with my daughter who was having mushroom soup and a coke while i was having a mango juice drink and we talked about my chronic condition of not having fun in life anymore or not being able to look on the brighter side of things and lighten up. Reminded me of an old friend at the zen Center who had a story about two brothers whose name were Loo Sen Up and Li Tin Up! I miss these two brothers lately. Am getting too serious and drowning into this moaning and groaning crap.
Well according to my daughter i need to travel away from here since i have expressed unhappiness living here perhaps the place is doing it to you Dad! Maybe so, but I kinda feel like it is a whole deeper than just the place, it has to do with the circumstances too and the odds that have been piling up on me it seems to no end sometimes. But then again what could be so bad that i cannot smile anymore of feel joy for others, what is eating me so hard that i cannot find that stuff which makes others happy just to be alive? Nahhh!!! Its right before me, right before my eyes sat my daughter who is having what she wanted to have for lunch at the Queens Bay Mall, she is a joy to behold and my son who is presently at some wedding somewhere working for his uncle at the catering business, he is a sight to behold and i should be thankful for this alone. Then there is my friend Wah Peng the artist who is always after to go sketching with him all over Penang in this scorching heat 0f a weather. Then there is the Museum Gallery Tuanku Fauziah and it staff who supported my every need as an artist and the use of their facility to write this blogs. What more can i want? What is lacking?
I told my daughter that I am again facing the greatest challenge in life, Patience. I am always in too much of a hurry wanting things to happen and when they dont i recoil with anger and despair and i let it out in my blog so that I can feel justified for having done something positive despite my not getting accomplished what I set out to do. It is written somewhere in the Hadiths of the Prophet that a man of my age should cease hoping for accomplishments or any form of worldly success, but I have a little problem with that, as I always believed that life begins at sixty for me. What am I to do if the Hadiths is true? Am I too late? Did i miss the boat?
One odd thing about ageing I guess is it affects the mind in a peculiar way, it is like there is someone reminding that you are old, so behave! You are over sixty now stop staring at women's asses and top talking nonsense and make as much cents as you can for the dark days ahead. I missed all the fun and laughter i used to have over little things simply because this age-keeper who is ever ready to step in whenever my mischievous mind decides to take a detour from the straight and narrow path. Call it conscience if you may but hell it is actually pretty much a doom and gloom kinda company to keep and yes it makes you feel old. I think I will take up SCUBA diving again! What I really need is a girlfriend to keep my on my toes, it has been a long time now since i really had a good work out with the opposite sex and hell i miss it!!

1 comment:

Faida said...

There! you have a life actually. I suggest you go to Kota Kinabalu and go to Pulau Manukan, do under water walk then to the National Park. Sketch the mountain for me( I'll pray harder to receive it).Who knows you might find a good girl friend or just friend, somewhere along the journey. Doesnt really mean 'sex', you need a accompanion to enjoy this life, but be prepared that you might end-up talking to the the wall, as only countable numbers of your opposite sex are capable of doing a 'deep thinking' like you are. Good luck.