Thursday, July 31, 2008

Last Day of Penang Heart and Soul Exbt.




For the past two weeks or so I have been both surprised and disappointed at times, touched and despair by what i experienced having held this Solo Exhibition at the Penang State Art Gallery which to me is the crown of my long journey as an Artist cum spiritual seeker. I learned that one can never predict where the cards may fall with life ans success and failures are relative to one's innate perception. As some helped to p[oint out to me a few days ago I should not place too much emphasies upon that which is inevitable, that which is beyond my grasp of understanding or resposibility, but just to go ahead as to coin Nike's Logo..,. Just Do It!

And I have done it, I have placed myself within four years of my return to this Island home of mine on the Who is Who of the Artist Directory and in some ways have earned the respect of a few contemporary Artist in the community both the Chinese and the Malays, I have yet to meet a true blue Indian Artist. Most of my works especially the smaller pieces were sold to my pleasant surprise and there were new Art buyers that I have got introduced to who I am positive will keep me on the buying list into the future. Three News Paper articles appeared covering my show which is another added incentive towards the promotion of my works into the community.

This saturday I have been invited to have a demostration show at the Queens Bay Mall here and the possibility of selling my works there at the same time. I look forward to this as it will be yet another venue whereby I can share my talent with the general public and help to promote aesthetic awareness from among the local residents here. I have a vague idea of what i might do but will see what happens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the knowledge. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

This article filled me with a fantastic idea concerning this subject. Excellent job. Thanks

Anonymous said...

The most effective content articles We've ever previously read in this subject. Many thanks!