Wednesday, February 27, 2008

'The God Delusion'

After reading the final chapter of the 'God Delusion' by Richard Dawkin I felt like the Shinkansen or bullet train with her emergency brakes being pulled while it was running high speed headed for Sendai from Tokyo. Everything came to a halt, sound sight smell, my thoughts! I was having my daily morning fix of Nescafe tarik and Moi soup at the Astaka Taman Saadon when this happened and the food court was full of people having the breakfast while Hindustani songs were blarring over the air from a boombox at a close by stall.I attained a momentery state of Satori whereby all was silence despite all that was going on around me or should I say I spaced out without the aid of getting stoned.
I cannot pinpoint what was it that struck me most about Dawkin's rationale over the existance or not of God or the irrelevance of religion in mankind's history, but taken as a whole the book stopped my thinking mind or it tripped me. I do not confess to understanding absolutely all the scientific rationales the author had used for his arguments but from what I could I am impressed at the amount of knowledge and the manner in which the arguments were presented, so convincingly.
Yes, there is No God! There is only Allah and Allah is not a God and the closest mankind can come to describe Allah is like the Taoist ability to describe what is 'TAO'? And what I understand or have come to accept is that Allah is not out there, not sitting up there with a Moses look alike passing down judgements over the whole Galactic system, no Allah is if one has to pinpoint the location, within each and everyone of us at least in essence. Science can discover all the secrets of nature but at the final analysis all will arrive at where it all began, the heart. The physical heart, the spritual heart the heart of the soul where perhaps rest the devine spark that is the mark difference between humans and the rest of creation inclusive of JIns and Angels or aliens and extraterrestrials. I am not one to argue if I have been declared to have been created in my Creator's image or that the Devine essence is within me. Only a fool scientist or otherwise would take so much trouble to disclaim a great gift, for better or for worse. This Wisdom and not all scientists or Atheist for that matter are wise, they may have all the knowledge in the world about all things there to be learned or discovered but that does not make them wise. Wisdom as most ancients has pointed out 'happens' just like Satori.
If Dawkin or the likes of him prefer to knock their heads trying to dismiss the prescence of an ultimate intelligence that is their gig but to impose upon others who would rather evolve towards rediscovering their origins and the mysteries of this origins with such arrogance and intellectual impudence is BULL!
Yes, indeed there is no God! At least not the God that is seen through the eyes of anyone with a bias mind claiming this for that or this against that, comparing analyzing, deucting and eventually postulating all this done with a thinking mind, a mind that is functioned, as scientifically obeserved through the process of brain cells and neurons blah..blah. A mind percceiving the universe through its five aggregates of data collecting instruments inherent in the human physical form, that of eyes, nose, touch, smell and ears, and as most scientist would agree this is very limiting as far as instruments ot unlick the mysteries of the Universe much less "The secret of Secrets". And if and when these western scientific minds are indeed able to untangle the tangle to these questions then what?
I the meantime based upon our ignorant bungglings of our ancestors with regard to religions, the wars, the persecutions the fanatcisms that has resulted til this day and age with even greater vehemence we subject ourselves still with trying to prove or disprove whether there is or there is no God. Does God care? Does God have a religion? No! Religions have God or gods. Humans have Gods, but there is only One Creator and this is not God as our simplistic minds try to rationalize for or against. There is No God, only Allah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The exect perception I had when I finished the book...That so called-intelligent-scientist himself is delusional! Haha...Well, the book is good, sure it provoke thoughts and makes a person question their belief, makes a person see the Atheis in them. Even his preface could enrage a mind. Perhaps Richard Dawkin has yet to read the koran...