Monday, November 05, 2012

The One Academy -Sketches Marathon -Paragon Hotel

On Saturday the third of November I invited myself to join a group of students from 'The One Academy' Institution at the Paragon Gurney Hotel where they were launching their first 'Sketches Marathon" project. The event was officiated by Cheng Keah Kean a local artist well known for his personalized style of sketching.  
It is a very attractive well designed Hotel and there many students involved in the Marathon.
I told myself that it was better to hang out with a bunch of enthusiastic kids sketching than going to the USM  and work on the computer and I was glad I did.
The students were very into their sketching and most were good at it. Again it is sad to note that most were Chinese, hardly any Malay or Indian students.
mr. Chng doing his well known sketching technique quietly .
It was great to see younger generation involved in art even if they were in college for it.  I was hoping that my being there would help to inspire in some small way towards their enthusiasm.

No comments: