Sunday, November 18, 2012

On the road to Dubai.

Putra Jaya , the nerve center of the Malaysian Government Agencies and the trophy that is being sought by opposition parties in the upcoming election. I arrived here on the Plus Liner bussline yesterday enroute to catch my flight to Dubai. I came a few days earlier so I can spend sometime with my daughter at the nearby town of Cyberjaya; more or less a college town. Three lovely young ladies my daughter and her two friends, Fini and Muna. We had lunch at the Alamanda Food Court and I did some shopping, something  to wear on the plane so the Pilot (my son) when he comes to fetch me at the Airport in Dubai will not raise his eyebrows or wrinkle his nose.
My daughter shares an apartment with three or four other ladies and a kitten a manifestation of one of my bad past Karmic consequences; I am allergic to cat hairs.It is not that I hate the feline species but I just have too many bad memories; like running over one kitten on my birthday as my family were pulling out of the garage one day to go to Pizza Hut for a dinner celebration or having to put to sleep a cat that was suffering beyond hope it took several hours before she died after I jabbed her full of formaldehyde  or having to care for some 24 cats for my late wife's sake. No I love cats but too much bad karma and it somehow causes me to react in the for of itchy throat and sneezes the moment I enter a house that has cats. I ask for forgiveness to the feline Gods for having wronged the specie in this lifetime.
For my reading material while on this trip I bought a book " Losing My Virginity" by Richard Branson, the number one National Best seller, an autobiography. Branson has been one of those characters that had attracted my attention as someone who i always thought would be an interesting man to learn what makes him tick. What drove him or what inspired him;  what is real and what is hype.Another character that had attracted my attention in the past ironically on my trip to Dubai was Lance Armstrong the Ex -7 times Tour De France Champion.However his recent fall from grace due to drug use was hard to swallow; what would Branson's Achilles Heel be? These to me are Mavericks who took life into their own hands and created their own empires by hook or by crook; The had their dreams and visions and set about accomplishing the impossible in the most unorthodox ways; their lives are exemplary for younger generations to emulate if they can skip the judgemental part: Morgan the Pirate is one of the most famous or Pirates in the history of Piracy. The essence of the Ying and Yang Principle, good exist within evil and evil is a seed within good; too extreme a goodness becomes evil and too extreme an evil becomes good: or there is inherent goodness in evil as there inherent evil in goodness.
It is sad today that not too many younger people enjoy reading as they are more attracted to the trappings of modern mental distractions in the form of the latest technology available; even if the Internet is a boon to the acquiring of knowledge as anything and everything is at the finger's tip still there is lesser and lesser people are really into good quality reading.
What Cyberjaya and this general area needs is a good public library. The government could do worse than making sure that this college town has a decent library to encourage the public towards the importance of reading or at least a place where students can have excess to a great facility for the purpose of gathering and doing their studies.The library can and should house high quality materials as well excess to the internet facility. It will inadvertently discourage students from hanging out at unsavory places.The library can serve both Cyberjaya and Putra Jaya community.

      

No comments: