Monday, October 22, 2012

Quotes For my Four Kids - (if they read)


"A mind that has come to the stillness of wisdom ”shall know being, shall know what it is to love. Love is neither personal nor impersonal. Love is love, not to be defined or described by the mind as exclusive or inclusive. Love is its own eternity; it is the real, the supreme, the immeasurable.”
The First And Last Freedom 6 Jiddu Krishnamurti
CHAPTER 1. FOREWORD BY ALDOUS HUXLEY

Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.
Bruce Lee 
There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.
Johnny Depp 

I think my passion is misinterpreted as anger sometimes. And I don't think people are ready for the message that I'm delivering, and delivering with a sense of violent love.
Charlie Sheen
A child-like man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle-aged habit and convention.

Aldous Huxley
It is a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than 'try to be a little kinder.'

The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude.
Aldous Huxley



Violence among young people is an aspect of their desire to create. They don't know how to use their energy creatively so they do the opposite and destroy.
Anthony Burgess

The country needs and, unless I mistake its temper, the country demands bold, persistent, experimentation. It is common sense to take a method and try it, if it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
Anthony Burgess

Do not be misled by what you see around you, or be influenced by what you see. You live in a world which is a playground of illusion, full of false paths, false values and false ideals. But you are not part of that world.
Sai Baba

What matters is to live in the present, live now, for every moment is now. It is your thoughts and acts of the moment that create your future. The outline of your future path already exists, for you created its pattern by your past.
Sai Baba You must be a lotus, unfolding its petals when the sun rises in the sky, unaffected by the slush where it is born or even the water which sustains it!
Sai Baba

The ignorant mind, with its infinite afflictions, passions, and evils, is rooted in the three poisons. Greed, anger, and delusion.
Bodhidharma

As long as you look for a Buddha somewhere else, you'll never see that your own mind is the Buddha.
Bodhidharma
The Way is basically perfect. It doesn't require perfecting.
Bodhidharma
There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends. That magnet is unselfishness, thinking of others first; when you learn to live for others, they will live for you.
Paramahansa Yogananda
Surrealism is destructive, but it destroys only what it considers to be shackles limiting our vision.
Salvador Dali
I do not paint a portrait to look like the subject, rather does the person grow to look like his portrait.
Salvador Dali
The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
Salvador Dali 
Progressive art can assist people to learn not only about the objective forces at work in the society in which they live, but also about the intensely social character of their interior lives. Ultimately, it can propel people toward social emancipation.
Salvador Dali
Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power.
Clint Eastwood
I would just like to say something, ladies and gentlemen. Something that I think is very important. It is that, you, we - we own this country. We - we own it. It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours.
Clint Eastwood
Crimes against children are the most heinous crime. That, for me, would be a reason for capital punishment because children are innocent and need the guidance of an adult society.
Clint Eastwood
I'm just a kid - I've got a lot of stuff to do yet.
Clint Eastwood
If you think it's going to rain, it will. 

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
Bruce Lee
A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee 
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
Bruce Lee
If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
Bruce Lee
Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
Bruce Lee 

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
Bruce Lee 

Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential.
Bruce Lee

Real living is living for others.
Bruce Lee

To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.
Bruce Lee
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
Bruce Lee

Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system.
Bruce Lee 

The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.
Bruce Lee
To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is.
Bruce Lee
It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.
Bruce Lee
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.
John Wayne
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne
If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow.
John Wayne
Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.
John Wayne
If it was something that I really committed myself to, I don't think there's anything that could stop me becoming President of the United States.
Will Smith

A rapper is about being completely true to yourself. Being an actor is about changing who you are.
Will Smith
I want the world to be better because I was here.
Will Smith 


If there's any message to my work, it is ultimately that it's OK to be different, that it's good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color.
Johnny Depp
As a teenager I was so insecure. I was the type of guy that never fitted in because he never dared to choose. I was convinced I had absolutely no talent at all. For nothing. And that thought took away all my ambition too.
Johnny Depp 
I'm shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I've done everything I can to avoid it.

When kids hit one year old, it's like hanging out with a miniature drunk. You have to hold onto them. They bump into things. They laugh and cry. They urinate. They vomit.
Johnny Depp 

As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?
Charlie Sheen 


I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time - and this includes naps - I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.
Charlie Sheen
But you can't focus on things that matter if all you've been is asleep for forty years. Funny how sleep rhymes with sheep. You know.
Charlie Sheen
I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen.
Charlie Sheen 

When friends asked me, Can we help? I'd say, Not unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest or teleport  me off this rock. I used that line from Star Wars.
Charlie Sheen
Duh! So, we're asking you now, what are some of your favorite lines that this warlock brain produced?
Charlie Sheen

No comments: