Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Farewell Najjar

Day before yesterday Hsnul, Izuan and I dropped Najjar Musawwir off at KLIA, we were also joined by Hasnul's daughter and mine along with three of her friends from MMU. It was too bad that my daughter and her friends arrived a little late and missed seeing him off, Najjar would have loved to be sent off by four extra lovely young ladies.
Hence goodbye to my new found buddy Najjar Musawwir, the African American Professor and artist extrodinaire... only a Buddha knows a Buddha. We had three great weeks together spending our nights in Balik Pulau sometimes painting, sometimes watching Kung Fu movies and most of the time eating and entertaining the locals.
The highlights of his stay at Izuan's house must have been when Aizuan took him to the pool hidden in the foothills at the back of his house. It was very cold and refreshing that Najjar did not mind visitng it twice in a day. Then there were the times when we visited Wan's mom's house to breakfast in the evenings and the Ramadan Bazaar where Najjar had a difficult time choosing what to eat. But how can I forget the moments when we worked at creating paintings together at the 'Squash Court Studio'! It was here that najjar's enthusiam for work and his sense of creativity affected me most giving me a new boost to move on with my creativity.
I will m0st probably not see him again unless his desire to come back here as a resident artist does take place in the future, however the short time we had together was precious enough to last a lifetime.

No comments: