Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Marissa Bahari





The missing has not really sunk into my system yet but i know it will come sooner or later and it will hit me when i least expect it through some random events or item that we both commonly use. My daughter has since yesterday embarked upon a new phase in her life which i hope will open many doors of experiences for her to encounter. Yesterday My cousin Ahmad Kalam and I dropped her off at the Hostel of the Multi-Midia University at Cyber Jaya and already i feel sorry for her after having to climb to flight of steps to the fourth floor lugging her luggages. How interesting how everything looks nice and inviting on the outside but inside it makes you want to turn around and head for the hills. This small room she will share with two others and I am looking at a leading higher educational institution faciltiy!! Than God I had the sense to further my education in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
But... Such Is.. they say it builds character this toughness that life has to dish out especially at an early age of the game and my daughter i have every confidence will prevail as already when I last text her she had been elected the team leader, for what, I am not sure but...she is out there and Lo and beware she will prevail. If there is anyone in the Bahari family that i can say who is full of determination, marissa will top the bill and I know she is out there with a strong sense of getting what is rightfully hers and in time will start to make things happen in her life as a University Student...the only thing is I will miss my daughter as we have hardly ever been apart eversince she was born, she makes and breaks my heart.

She was born at St. Judes Hospital in the Missions downtown San Francisco, California. My family was living on Second Avenue in the Richmond District about two block from the Golden Gate Park at the time. While in her infant agae we spent alot of time at Rossi Park on Balboa and Guererro Ave where a number of fathers baby sit their children while their spouses were at work, it was the trend then. Marissa was a very active little girl who needed constant attention as she would disappear at the blink of an eye and I will be panic stricken looking for her. At one time i found her way up on the highest point of a climbing structure build for children much older than she was and had she slipped it would have been a painful drop to the ground.

While both my wife and i were working both Karim and Marissa were sent to Angela's Day Care on Fifth Avenue ran by a Chinese family and both she and her brother were well looked after.

When we moved to Sendai, Japan she was two years old and attended the Mukaiyama Yo Chien or Kindergaten which was considered one of the best in the country. Both Karim and her picked up Japanese quite naturally so much so that I had a hard time keeping up with them. In Sendai they were again very well loved by our Japanese friends old and young.

2 comments:

Faida said...

Congratulation to you. I did your part as a father. So we both have daughter of same age. Lets pray that they both reach their target in life, giving breath taking relief to their parents.

Unknown said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!