Friday, August 28, 2009

Looking at what is Art

This piece of electronically produced print was originally done from a woodblock print that i did while living in Japan. Later in Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia it was reproduced by my friend Fazli Mubin with the center added with the word Allah and a verse from the Quran encircling it. It would make a great poster for an Islamic decor if blown up large reveling more clearly the text in the center.




The drawings of the bugs were done with Japanese Ink on French Croquis paper also done while i was living in Sendai, Japan. The bugs were done as part of entertaining my children in naming them in Japanese and the japanese characters were written by my very close family friend Mrs Emi Yanagisawa who was a great art supporter when I was there.
These drawings are now thw property of the Penang Art Gallery purchased after my Solo Exhibition there entitled ,"Penang, Heart and Soul'.



The mural on the wall was done with acrylic and I used air brush in some spots for good effects. My son itroduced me to the use of air brush and after struggling to get the thing to work right I got the hang of it. This apinting is on my son's living room wall in hyis apartment at the Manafel Towers, Budai. The three potted bonsai plants is the latest addition tot he painting.









I did this mural after completing the one for my son and this mural is also in one of the living rooms at the Manafel Towers apartments. It is a reproducton of the Kanagawa Wave by Katsushika Hokusai but with a surfer in it instead of fishing boats like it was originally painted.


Chad, pointing out the surfer and being employed as a model to show the size of the actual painting.


Camels taking a stroll in the Dubai desert a picture taken by my son Timo, it is a great picture where camels are concern. It reminds me of having a great time with my son taking a Dune Bashing trip.

No comments: