Friday, April 03, 2009

My second Mural in Dubai



Having completed the mural on my son's living room wall I was comissioned to do one on the wall of his colleague who happened to live the floor right below his apartment. Scott wanted me to do a surfing painting on his wall and so I offered to do Hokusai's Waves at Nakagawa and insert a surfer into it instead of the fishing boats as is on the original painting. The size is about six feet by four and is going to be framed by Jack another friend of my son's who has a interior renovation company.

Everyone who has viewed this painting seemed to like it and it is not too shaby if I may say so myself. I am now being comissi0ned to do another wall two floors up from this floor, only this time the owner wants it done on a group of canvasses forming one painting. It is to be of a single tree initially suggested as the Joshua tree but later was changed to a bonsai tree. The size of the painting as a whole is about seven feet by six that will fit into a living room wall. The colors will be mono chromatic to match the earthly colors of the living room.










Went out to dinner with my son and my (potential daughter in law)Eli along with Steve and his sister Megan who was visiting him and his lady friend, Lucia . Steve is an Emerate Pilot and is the one who wants the tree done in his living room. We ate at a Spanish Restaurant and the food was out of sight! But the cost for the whole meal came to about 700Dirham! Which is almost six hundred Malasian Ringgit, it made my hair stand just to think about it. However it was for five people and the Emerate Pilots gets a fifty percent discount or something at some of these places, so not too bad..




On the next evening we had dinner with one of Naz's closest friend and I like this guy like my own son, his name is Tareq and he is originally from Jordan but rather be a Colombus,Ohio boy . It is something about him that wins your heart immediately, perhaps his mannerisms, his gentle manliness yet you know this guy is tougher than a nail if he chooses to be so.

We had our dinner at a Persian Restaurant eating Iranian dishes and the lamb dish i ordered was the most delicious leg of lamb I have had in my life and i have had many lamb dishes
cooked in various cultures albeit roasrted or cooked as Kurma curry as in Kassim Mustafa's restaurant in Penang. I have a preference of lamb over all other kinds of meat like beef or chicken, however eversince I was informed that my blood pressure can be a problem a couple of months ago I am a little weary of eating mutton. So far so good and i have been have quite a fair amount of it eversince i have been in this country and my head head has maintained a good level of chronic pains that has off and on been a part of its existance, nothing out of the ordinary.




































The various other dishes ordered by the others were as equally tasty as we shared small portions for the sake of tasting. Having had this dinner I felt like i have a good sense of what Middle Eastern Food was all about. However Tarek insisted that there is an even more interesting place to eat that we will check out in the future God willing.























No comments: