Thursday, April 06, 2006

Way of The Creative Spirit

I have been putting quite a few mileage on my feet and they are beginning to tell. Every morning I continue on walking a couple of miles from where the bus drops me off to where I work at the Jerejak Resort and SPA ferry terminal.Its a beautiful especially very early in the morning when the village of Batu Uban has not gotten out of their beds yet. Only a few early birds up and mostly they are food vendors. Nasi lemak, Karipuffs, this kueh and that kueh, the roti chanai man at the grocery store at the end of the village, it becomes a walking meditation.
Then I climb up the overhead crosswalk across the highway up and down stairs taking me to thw otherside where I walk along the highway to the obnoxious sound of the traffic rushing to work. I skip over the gaurd rail somewhere along the road and head toward the bushes and across a reclaimed land that is beginning to look like an African lanscape towards the sea. The light is just begun light up the horizon and I would be crossing the parking lot to the terminal saying good morning to my main man LilBahadur, the Nepal. He is sweeping the parking lot like he does everymorning without fail. Hand him his Roti Canai which I sometimes buy for his breakfast and after clocking-in and dropping off my stuff in the office I head out towards the end of the jetty. The tide is low and the birds are feeding in the mud flats, crows are being obnoxious as usual while the egrets and cranes meditate on their victims.
At the end of the poer I sit myself on the tie-up stump for the ferry made of concrete which by size and postion became a perfect stoll for my meditation. The pressure imposed up my pelvic bone helps for the alignment of the vertibrae column, while across I center my focus upon the red orb that is slowly rising from behind the distant mountain across in the horizon. From my squatting position I can hold the orb in the palms of my hand while I held the Universal Mudra,this reminds me of the ZaZen practice of handling the Koans as one would hold a burning red ball. As one sits letting one's breath takes over while channeling ones conciousness towards Allah's beautiful Names the sun rises into the morning skies and a Singapore airline jetplane would fly directly overhead and in this loud sonic boom of a sound you let out a KIA! A scream of that would wake up the whole Universe! A primordial roar of the Lion King! Allah-Hu-Akhbar!!!
I am Al- Malik Sulto'onik Awlia-ul-Azam!!
I am the All knowing all Wise, Lord of Knowledge! Lord of wisdom!

I worked on my water color painting of the The Three Gypsy Fiddlers and I am enjoying the finishing touches. I got the image from sequences of the movie, "The Red Violin" where the Violin was in the hands of the Gypsies after they had removed it from the grave of a young boy who had been chosen to play the violin before the King of Austria? The Red Violin is a Classic movie to me and it holds a strong impact upon my mind of the sacrifices a creative mind would endure that the end result is the ultimate creative act, the fiddler maker coated his finest violin meant for his unborn child with the blood of his recently dead wife who died giving birth to their first child.Creation...turning what is negative into what is positive. This is the genius of the humind,a creative mind is what makes us better than the rest of the Beings in this Universe. When we loose the ability to envision life creatively, when we stop having dreams and imagination, we are head for the Big Bang as a specie. The fictional story of the "Planet of the Apes" would seem not impossible for our specie to end. War and aggression is the result of running out of ideas on how to solve the negative issues and bad vibes through creative and positive endeavors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Just wanted to give an other sign of life.
Don't now if i'll make it to come to malaysia in may, have a lot of....mmh not trouble but a lot of things to do round here...so if i don't make it i just wanted to say how much it gives me even to read your blog.
I can't describe all my feelings and thoughts about this, but i think to say that i often find a piece of my self in it is ok...and the thoughts you have...i always tried to find somebody i can talk about those things...but people don't seem to be so much interessted in it(:-) but i have found now a women..5 years older than me and nurse..who seems to share so much of this with me..)
And...your fotos..and travel diarys you posted on the other page...they make me feel like if the thoughts i have about life aren't as strange as i always thought...so i'm looking forward to speak with you one day about all those things and hope the ups in your life will always be more present than the downs...

Lya
Timo