- A violent collapse inward, as of a highly evacuated glass vessel.
- Violent compression.
- The inward collapse of a building that is being demolished in a controlled fashion by the weakening and breaking of structural members by explosives.I believe if half the American population wakes up from their 'American Dream', there would be an American Revolution, but this is not to be because most Americans still are living in denial and this is claimed by most who have 'seen the light' and not just my own rambling. It is shame that a country that could have been a super model for the rest of the world to emulate is now just about as blind and corrupt if not worse, than Sodom and Gomorrah of Biblical eras. The US will slowly but surely rot from within itself at the rate that nation is progressing towards decadence and self annihilation and this through her own people.There is so much disparity between the haves and the have nots the United States that a homeless person can live on the garbage thrown away by a rich family and there so much waste generated by the nation as whole that a new state could be constructed out of it, but Americans live proud of themselves like there is no end to this dream state. Despite all the warnings and reminders by those who see the precarious road the US is headed towards, the scientists and the poets, the spiritualist and the lawmakers, none of these makes an impact at halting the Nation from heading towards the abyss of self destruction.
We Americans have completely lost any sense of why a country, a society, and a government exist....
The Declaration of Independence had it right when, in its inspiring preamble, it aroused a nation of rebels by espousing the inalienable rights of “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.” Period.
t has become clear that the imperative of ever more growth, the ethos and driving force of modern corporate capitalism, is leading to the destruction of the very biosphere that sustains life on this planet. It is a threat to liberty, too, because one country’s growth — America’s — requires the constant assault on those weaker countries that threaten us. The globe is a finite place, and at this point, with seven
billion people crowded upon it, for one group — that is to say 313 million Americans — to prosper and grow, requires that 6.7 billion others give up something. In other words, for America to grow, it must be in a constant state of imperial domination and war, which also means a state of war at home, with all the concomitant restrictions on freedom, not to mention expropriation of revenue from the public (53 cents out of every tax dollar), that such a state inevitably entails.
This assault on these three crucial rights must be stopped. We Americans must wake up to the reality that growth in a finite world, far from being a good thing, inevitably means less life and liberty, and a very reduced opportunity to pursue happiness.
Dave Lindorff is a founder of This Can’t Be Happening and a contributor to Hopeless: Barack Obama and the Politics of Illusion, published by AK Press. Hopeless is also available in a Kindle edition. He lives in Philadelphia.
- By focusing on the crimes of others and the threat from without, the administration is able to maintain a façade of innocence in the face of all the injustice rocking the nation, e.g., the burgeoning prison population, an increasingly brutal and militarized police force, the slow death of the American middle class, the widening wealth gap in the face of Wall Street lawlessness, the increasing influence of money in elections and public policy, and a host of other injustices eating away at our country. But pay no attention, people. There is a grave threat over yonder!
What primarily is wrong in America is that she is drowning in her own vomit. What I mean is, for years, we have been allowing injustice to reign in the great halls of our country in Washington. The injustice I hate to tell you is that we, and I am including myself have sat back and let much of this happen to ourselves. We haven't stood up and cried out when we should have about things. And then when we did, we got screwed again by the politicians trying to not only appease us, but the big interests they are being funded by.
I'm sorry to say, but we as Americans are our worse enemy. It is not the politicians doing us in, we are doing ourselves in because for we are letting these politicians in Washington do these things to us. Why do we let them do these things? Are we are so busy trying to make ends meet, raising kids, we have no time to watch what is really going on in Washington?
~ David Lawrence Dewey ~
As he stated “The train has its final destination and there is no stopping it. America had its chance to mobilize and try and stop the coming tyranny, but they could not get off the couch and stop watching the damn NFL. Well, the new NFL term stands for “Not For Long” and that is how much time this country has left. Americans have been wallowing in their own apathy and ignorance for decades. Soon, they will be wallowing in their own blood”. This is from a General who fought in two wars.es, retire en masse, it is not necessarily a noteworthy event. However, when the same officials retire en masse and then relocate to form their own survivalist enclaves, then this is something that we should all sit up and take notice of, especially when we are seeing the same behavior on the part of Wall Street executives.Recently, retired officials from the NSA have relocated to an area in the Ozarks where they have access to underground safety zone which have/are being transformed into mini-villages of self-sustainable protection. Their properties consist typically of 5 to 10 acres for each family, contains a portable water supply, residents are armed to the teeth, have alternative communications that are not reliant on the grid and have years of stored food. My source is an individual who retired from the NSA almost three years ago. His decision to participate in the relocation was triggered by the re-election of President Obama which he said will hasten the onslaught of what is to come because Obama’s administration fully embraces the current course of action. Those were the words of 20 year veteran of the NSA, not my words.
Will the ordinary man on the street or in the taverns and bowling alleys, the nightly produce markets or the fisher,man's wharfs wake to the reality that is hovering over them like the sword of Damocles, will they ever stop watching the Nightly News on TV and look out their windows into the streets and realize that things are not really getting better for them? Will they ever realize that those who have sold their country down the drain are running for the hills expecting an eventual catastrophe that they themselves have cooked up for the common folks.
- When the very people they elected to protect them have turned into vampires themselves preying on the weak and ignorant, when the country is fast turning into a police state with cops running shot guns over the masses like prison guards in the killing fields, will the America Joe ever wake up from this blooming nightmare that they have brought upon themselves from too much apathy and lack of awareness. Americans have a very strong believe that and external threat will unite the country to defend itself, this has become a misnomer, Americans are hoping for an invading Alien race that will help to put them back on the right track of Life Liberty and the Pursuit Happiness. The American Dream is fast evolving into one big nightmare and it will not be the threat from the communist bloc nor that of China that will bring this great nation to its knees but the powers that be that has run down the country into the gutters.
- The board referred to the torture practices as “a vast criminal conspiracy, under color of law, to commit torture and other serious crimes.”…any credible investigation should include former Vice President Dick Cheney; Mr. Cheney’s chief of staff, David Addington; the former C.I.A. director George Tenet; and John Yoo and Jay Bybee, the Office of Legal Counsel lawyers who drafted what became known as the torture memos,” the editorial reads. “There are many more names that could be considered, including Jose Rodriguez Jr., the C.I.A. official who ordered the destruction of the videotapes; the psychologists who devised the torture regimen; and the C.I.A. employees who carried out that regimen.”“These are, simply, crimes. They are prohibited by federal law, which defines torture as the intentional infliction of “severe physical or mental pain or suffering.” They are also banned by the Convention Against Torture, the international treaty that the United States ratified in 1994 and that requires prosecution of any acts of torture.
- America will implode upon itself from too much strife and internal chaos, There is no need for any external invasion as no country except perhaps a super power like China and Russia can or dare to take on this self appointed global police state. Manipulated intensely by the Zionist State of Israel pushing for its global agenda for ungodly purposes, America is drowning in her own vomit. What would it take to defuse this time bomb from exploding? Only the Average American man who walk the streets and frequent the bars and taverns, those buried in their TV dinner trays and those who are stuck in their day to day myopic vision of the American Dream can answer the question. It has past the time to wake up! It is the time to rise and take stock of what is the truth about the State of The Nation.