Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Talking Brought Me Here....

A hunter was hunting in the forest one day and while searching for his prey he stumbled upon a human skull laying on the ground.
"What brought you here?!" he asked in surprise.
"Talking brought me here!", the bleached human skull answered.
hocked, the hunter asked again, "What brought you here?!"
"Talking brought me here!", again the skull answered.
"Wow!", the hunter exclaimed, "Wait till the chief hear of this!"
So off he ran back to the village right to the chief's hut and told the chief in all his excitement of finding a talking skull in the forest. The chief was skeptical of this and was not totally convinced thinking that the hunter was pulling his leg. He was a busy man to boot what with 52 wives and countless children nd grandchildren to mind and a village to run...but in the end he was talked into following the hunter to the forest. Along with his warriors they followed the hunter to where he had found the human skull.
Upon arriving at the place where the skull was the hunter imediately went up to it and asked, "What brought you here?!"
No answer!
Again "What brought you here?!"
No answer, just a bleached human skull laying there in the sand.
Where there was one skull in the forest before now there are two!
I might have told of this story somewhere in my five odd years of blogging, I cannot remember but it is my favourite African folk tale that I read somewhere when I was in college and every once in a while I like to bring it back to remind myself of...too much talking? Writing?
This morning I accompanied my niece and her neighbour also from Malasia shopping for the long black robes that woen wear over here in most of the the Middle Eastern Countries. My intention was to take the opportunity to check the city out while they shop. However there was not much to check out about the City of Kuwait especially on a hot dusty day and most of what you see of the locals are Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis running the show from cab drivers to bank tellers, shokeepers to doctors and lawyers. Most look at me with disain curiuousity if not down right hostility as it must be hard for then figuring me out by my looks if not mannerisms. What with my deciding to keep my hair long and my beard full, now that Osama is no more it is perhaps safe to do so without getting the looks at the airports.
Shopping with the ladies turned out to be an entertaining event actually, once I realized that i can sit an oggle at all the customers who came in to try the 'black robes' and snap a few shots for my blog which otherwise would not have been possible to do so. I am not sure about other men but I find the women all wrapped up in their black robes with only the eys peeking out to be more enticing and sensual more so that those who run around in binkinis and 'G'Strings. Perhaps they left a lot of room for my imagination rather than deprive me with over exposure. How ironic sometimes things can turn out with human nature or the workings of the human mind. Suddenly these generally black cloathings became beautiful with intricate designs added to then and how these designs had evolved from the basic black robe like women's wear meant to curb sensuality. Only their eyes can reveal!
It is however sad that most these women are a little heavy in the kitchen corner of their physic but even this is ecentuated by the black satin like material rounding off these extra pounds at the right locations making one felt like reaching out and oh..well...the Gods must be crazy!!! I still maintain that the second greatest thing God created was the woman... after His creation of Life itself. I thank God for i have had my fair share of their Love and Wrath!

No comments: