Sunday, May 05, 2019

We think different-

How does one put nto practice the practice of Karuna or Compassion, which irony that my twin brother's Singhalese name which was Karuna Nanda, while mine was Nanda Sena, both s/o Simone Bartholomuze. My faher came from Ceylon as we knew it back then or Sri Lanka as it is known today. I have never been there but hope to spend a week or two with my daughter there one day still in the planning. I can say  it is out of Compassion I have for myself that I have made every effort to try not to loose or severe our bond as brothers. In Islam, it is a cardinal sin for one to severe the bond or  "Siratul Rahim", of blood siblings. It is out of compassion for both of us that I still will pursue towards a closer ties towards attaining unconditional Love between us as we were in our mother's womb. Whatever bitter conflicts that he had between us for the past seventy years; they are a thing of the past, grill for the mill, water under the bridge.

This healing process will take time and in time I hope we will come to know and respect each other's life and accomplishments as a rich experience for both of us.It would have been boring if we had grwon old looking identical and being identical doing the same identical things in life. Allah in His Infinite Wisdom must have wanted it to be so, that we both have a mirror of 'what if', you had been born an hour earlier? What a difference half an hour makes looking at both our lives, the path it had taken. In my quest for an answer as to who am I, I am also thrown the challenge that I have someone up close and personal to compare to whenever I need to appraise myself.  Albeit in thoughts, words or deeds, I cannot avoid but wonder every now and then what my twin's reaction or understanding would be towards what I experience; not a good habit but still unavoidable. 
to be contd.

No comments: