Friday, October 05, 2018

The Yogic Way.

I must have watched half the videos on You Tube, listened to talks and spiritual teachings, it is like i am am taking a course in school, but mostly I watched movies. For one who is trying to empty my mind I am embarked on a mission of garbage collecting. I am feeding my mind with more junk than it can handle but that too is part of the experiment. Seeing that the mind likes to think so much, I let it take its flight of fancy and see how far it will go, like see if it will ever get overload. On top of making this Blog entries and listening to lectures on just about any given subject, watching all the movies and reading novels and serious literature, I keep in touch with as many fb friends as i can, talk my cat and keep my daughter and son motivated in their ives. I worry over little things and pt my nose where it does not belong often enough, just to see where it will all lead me to at the end of the day. The human mind, how much can it take before it blows a fuse!

However i tell myself sometimes, hey, you are becoming a good writer if nothing else on top of being and artist, of which i have put in the back burner for sometime now just to let the creative ground take a break. Doing nothing is really and actually doing more than I could have if I had kept myself busy trying to do something just to fill the time or justify that i am not lazy; I get to know myself better than I ever did and am able to fulfill a whole lot more responsibility than I thought I could. I know I might not become a Millionaire or famous like most others, but i discover more about myself that i would not have had i been pursuing life just like what is deemed the norm. Call it what you may,but I am and i feel like I am a better person in more than one way, I feel good about myself more than I have ever felt and a whole lot freer than in the past when i was charging around thinking i was free.

Doing nothing and being free from the hooks that had their hold on me mentally and physically has been an eye opener, it woke me up,  now I am ready to do something and what that may be is yet to be seen. My daughter who has been living and working in Kuala Lumpur will be returning to pick up her life where she had left it; perhaps by being away for many months now was part of the plan for my own experiment. By her returning I hope that it will give some time and space to venture out again towards he next horizon on this landscape of my journey. In the old days man venture into the mountains to find peace  and solace, to meditate and contemplate, I found my cave in this apartment living with a cat that constantly demands attention but a good companion none the less. I am glad I had brought her home as a gift for my daughter; she has been a gift for me.


No comments: