Thursday, August 09, 2018

Whose way?

"Knocking at the door, it opens,
And I realize I was knocking from Inside." -  Rumi.

Sometimes when listening to Mooji Baba's Satsang is like listening to a shrink entertaining a group of whining ladies and over zealous wannabe truth seekers who like their predecessors made it to India and found themselves at the feet of a Guru. Most already knew their pwn answers before they even asked but the need to let it be known, the need to be able to say that they stood before the 'Rasta Man' himself has become a schick. With all due respect to the Great Man, and yes he is no doubt an awakened being who has been able to transcend this physical body mind realm, I say this with great respect for a teacher. This day and age we need teachers of the Mind and Body who can guide us through the thick and thin of our daily mental delusions and for this to happen we have to surrender ourselves to such beings no doubt but not grovel at their feet and keep on feeding them with our thoughts and emotions so they can 'cure' us; you pay good money to shrinks for that.

Am I being arrogant in my perception and it is really any of my business to make such observations? I often 'fast forward' all these whining and slobbering , questioners, thanks to You Tube Videos for beig able to do so. I am sure Mooji himself is much aware that his mind is being fed by these followers who came from all over the world to be at his feet and listen to him talk of how to get rid of the mental formations or the mind itself. It is the mind itself that is answering these questions and for every right insight and on the mark answer or solving an issue, Mooji's mind is tap dancing itself to the bank or yet to a larger audience. This is  common to most religious teachers and speakers as they are not unlike the science and history or art instructors, this is how they make their living; the more the merrier. Satguru Jagjit Vasudev, Eckhart Tolle and the now paralyzed and incoherent Ram Dass,  these are among the great names today that are on the roll when it comes to Spiritual Awakening. Deepak Chopra, Michio Kaku, are among those who have made it big in the Sciences and people like me ad you we are the followers and will always will be no matter how far or how near we are from the Truth of who we truly are. Our voices trickles down the drain into the sewer of life to merge with the Ocean of Consciousness that they are yapping about; that's okay too cause we need them to spread the word. 

If and I say if, i have to choose to be among my most revered Gurus or Spiritual Guides of this century, I would have to say, HH The Dalai Lama, J. Krishnamurti, Alan Watts, Shunryu Suzuki and Thich Nhat Hanh would be among them.However my spiritual teachers in my life were those that i grew up with both as a Buddhist and as a Muslim. I am most blessed to have had the opportunity to be mentored by a few of the most wise men in my younger days even as early as my childhood days. I may not remember the lessons the y had taught me but i remember what it felt like to be at their feet back then. I remember being well treated by the elderly Buddhist Monks from Sri Lanka who ran the Mahindarama Buddhist Community in Georgetown Penang, back in the early 1950s when I was a disciple of the Buddha learning the Pali Canon. Till this day i can still pray in the same language if and when i choose to. I had one of the most well read and well informed Muslim teacher who was also my Martial Arts Instructor when i was growing up as a teenager and he was also the Head of the Islamic religious Department of the State of Terengganu, where I spent my teenage years. Dose it make me a good Buddhist or Muslim? No, their teachings and guidance gave me plenty of food for thoughts and I became a 'truth seeker', for lack of better term. Having been exposed to both Buddhism and islam at an early age has opened my mind towards the freedom of seeking my own destiny, my own Way.    


   



No comments: