Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Rambling on...

"These three alone stands, Faith Hope and Love, but the greatest of these is Love"...Rumi. Was it Rumi, or was it Mooji, can't tell the difference anymore, too many people talking and saying things that is meant to wake you up and what you find is they are putting you to sleep even further. Like, here's a pillow and the remote control, just lay back and chill; tomorrow is another day and another dollar. The Way of the salary man, honorable and disciplined, one           upmanship, who could make better and corner the market,  The way of the sleep walkers filing along into cubicles like trained cockroaches and at the end of the day all file out and head for wife and kids and it is alright too cause that is just the way it is for all of us, we are stuck in a rut and we have to pry our way out of it and head on into something worthwhile to live for. Some higher ideal, some spiritual satisfaction, some realization of who or what one is in the scheme of things. How does I fit into all this and for what purpose?

I used to ask these questions time and again putting them in varied ways so as to see if any makes sense, like what is truth or reality or would Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Theressa or the Dalai Lama for that matter go to a Muslim Hell when they die? Like why create the devil in the first place? Yes, questions that just about every man in his right mind would be asking and demanding an explanation simply his souls is on the line. The question of Hope and Faith and the question of Love and Compassion, it is all up there for those looking for answers, The blind will pass by this life with never a thought of such issues and they are the blessed for they are free from doubt and expectations. For those who had embark upon this journey of looking in and looking out, it will always be an ongoing quest for Right Understanding of the workings of Universe itself in relation to the workings of the Spirit or Soul. The essence of that which is the sustainer of it all, the Lord of Power, The Source, The
Infinite and Ultimate Consciousness Itself; call It by what name you may. I will always say this to myself because I believe a man is entitled to his faith and belief in life; this sacrosanct in the annals of man.

Yes I am and have always been asking the questions of Faith and religions, philosophical as well as scientific aspects of my life, to look for answer or answers to the basic reality about my existence, it is not a fad or a joke or an obsession or a way to gain attention, but it could be all of these too and then some. I have taken a hold of a burning ball of fire in my hands that is my 'koan' my 'jihad', my journey on this Planet. This is my way of making my pilgrimage towards the Throne of my Lord; I call it my Way. If praying five times a day is of help to me I would try ten a day and if i am in the mosque and it helps me i would camp in it. Perhaps i  am lazy, the worse of all illness to inflict man, then have committed a sin of being lazy towards carrying out my precepts. I pray for my salvation with every breath i take, yes I am aware of my shortcomings and at the very least learn to accept and ask for the Lord's Grace and Compassion. I am on my way home, I am my sacred path towards that from which I had come, the owner of it all, I am performing the final stages of my pilgrimage, I am winding down and like a coin spinning slowly before it drops; I am going home.  I would like to know why I was spinning around like this even if to find  a single truth just before i drop dead to the floor. Some may say this is naive foolishness or might as well be fishing instead of wasting time thinking so much, and this may be true too.
At my age i cannot to dwell too much anymore on the whys and the why nots, I am immersed into this journey and it is a big rut that i can only step out of by my own self realization.






    








No comments: